Today, I tried to get myself up an out early, but yet again I failed. I was distracted in the morning by continued research for my business and my dissertation. And Swag was in the shower when I tried to shower, so instead I just washed my hair in the kitchen and left. It was like 11:30, and I didn't even get to brush my teeth.
I got to the NAB and proceeded to continue reading this book - Wikinomics - for my dissertation. I was about 3/4 of the way through when I just couldn't concentrate anymore. That's my life now, reading and research for my dissertation, punctuated by bursts of inspiration for my business (but few actions being taken to take my business forward). In the evenings I've been watching Breaking Bad for my unwinding. This has been fine, but repetitive and un-exciting, especially considering how exciting everything is now (and that the Olympics will be starting in exactly 1 week)!
In the news today, 12 people were killed in Colorado when a guy fired a gun into the audience at a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises. Sad, yeah, but I couldn't help but feel "meh" because so many thousands of people are dying everyday in the world and not getting nearly as much attention as these people will, only because they're American. Tsk tsk.
I went for lunch today to a vegetarian South Indian buffet near Euston. I had seen some good reviews of it online, but by the time I was there, it was 2pm and the buffet food had gone stale. Meh, I won't recommend it.
It had rained, then there were moments of sunshine, then it rained again. London in the summer.
I returned to the NAB and tried to get work done, but I couldn't help but get distracted.
I've discovered the convenience of using my iPhone as an iPod. No longer have to carry around 2 devices all the time!
And yeah, I totally thought today was Thursday. Oh well, like it matters...
0 responses to "20 July, Friday (wait, it's Friday?)"
Leave a Reply