Last weekend I went to Hamburg. It was great.
- The rideshare there (Friday, 7 February) was a bit of an adventure. It was Christi (the driver) and two female ridesharers in the car with me. We left Düsseldorf, but shortly thereafter, a car on the autobahn notified us that our car's rear lights were out, so we had to stop at a gas station and replace them. Also, the oil tank lid was broken (missing a rubber o-ring) and we drove around for some time to replace it. (This was a bit stressful as we didn't know where to go and all the stores were already closing at 6-7pm). After that, I slept almost the entire way to Hamburg.
- Arrived around 11pm. Matze picked me up at the Hbf and we went to his place (nearby, a student dorm at Berliner Tor). There, we chilled. "Make it strong" I said, haha!
- Next day was slow. We walked a little bit along the Alster, had a coffee, and went to Kleidermarkt, where I bought a nice suit jacket for €25 - deal! We bought some ingredients from Real and made burgers for dinner. Matze invited some classmates over - Kersten, Selma, and Selma's friend.
- We drank quite a bit and then went out around 12:30am to the Reeperbahn (Hamburger Berg). Started with Mexicaner shots, then on to the next bar for some dancing (oldies, funk, disco, classic rock, reggae, oh my!) at Sonnensomething. At the second bar we were at, just across the street, I ran into Saskia! What a crazy coincidence.
- We ended up dancing and at the fischmarkt until 7am. They was a band playing classics rock and roll/50s/60s/70s/disco/etc., which was awesome. Kerstin suddenly went home, which was a disappointment. Matze, Selma and I waited for the sunrise. We ran to catch a ferry across the harbor and parted ways at Landungsbrücken.
- Slept through most of the Sunday. I got up around 3pm, made some eggs, then said bye. I went to Nicki's place just for a quick chat. It was good to see her and catch up with her.
Monday. Office. Work is busy. Chatted quickly with Mike after work, and he has been acting as if everything is normal.
Tuesday. Same. Busy. I confronted Mike on WhatsApp. I don't know what to do. I biked to Bilk in the evening.
Wednesday. Work. There was a company presentation in the afternoon, that was actually quite interesting. After work, I went to Altstadt for Sydney and her friend Hank who was visiting. I stayed out with Carl and Waldemar until 2am or so. Nice.
My mom and uncle attended the dedication of the cyber building at the university (named after my grandpa). Sent me a couple photos.
Now it's 10:20. I should go to the office already!
0 responses to "Mid-February"
Leave a Reply