Yes, I'm headed to Australia tomorrow! I can't believe how quickly it's snuck up on me.
For the past week and a half I've been busy with two jobs. In addition to my new "full-time" (more like one hour per day) position working remotely from home, I have continued tutoring. And have I ever! The student whom I have been tutoring since the beginning of the month is a wealthy Arab businessman who is getting an MBA. He hired me to do all the reading for him and teach/discuss the readings with him directly. The best part is that I am getting paid twice my previous rate.
It's now cold at night. It went from too hot to too chilly almost exactly with the start of November. (Of course by LA standards)
Last week Angela, Adrian, and I went to Taking Back Tuesday at the Echo. I was disappointed. Mainly because of the bullshit of having to wait in such a long line. Also, emo music does not go well with "pumping up the crowd" and having energy channeled through an attention-whore DJ. I will never go again.
Went to a Cal Alumni happy hour at the Golden Gopher on Thursday. Met some nice people. I have been trying to find my social niche here lately, but I just haven't yet. I met a recent grad named Samara who is struggling to find her career footing. "I need to keep in touch with you," she told me. And she drove me home (I had taken the bus there).
Samara and I went to a *very* hipster underground comedy show in Echo Park at a vintage feminist clothing store. Very Portlandia. I enjoyed it.
For the past week and a half I've been busy with two jobs. In addition to my new "full-time" (more like one hour per day) position working remotely from home, I have continued tutoring. And have I ever! The student whom I have been tutoring since the beginning of the month is a wealthy Arab businessman who is getting an MBA. He hired me to do all the reading for him and teach/discuss the readings with him directly. The best part is that I am getting paid twice my previous rate.
It's now cold at night. It went from too hot to too chilly almost exactly with the start of November. (Of course by LA standards)
Last week Angela, Adrian, and I went to Taking Back Tuesday at the Echo. I was disappointed. Mainly because of the bullshit of having to wait in such a long line. Also, emo music does not go well with "pumping up the crowd" and having energy channeled through an attention-whore DJ. I will never go again.
Went to a Cal Alumni happy hour at the Golden Gopher on Thursday. Met some nice people. I have been trying to find my social niche here lately, but I just haven't yet. I met a recent grad named Samara who is struggling to find her career footing. "I need to keep in touch with you," she told me. And she drove me home (I had taken the bus there).
Samara and I went to a *very* hipster underground comedy show in Echo Park at a vintage feminist clothing store. Very Portlandia. I enjoyed it.
0 responses to "Wednesday November 11. Last full day in LA before Australia!"
Leave a Reply