"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

It was my birthday yesterday. Had a lot of fun.

At work, we went out to lunch as a team (this is the lunch that we were supposed to do last Friday). I got to pick the place - pizza! We all walked to Navi, a pizza/Indian fusion place on Adeline. Shared some beer - because it was also David's birthday (on Monday, but he didn't tell anyone!)

After work, I was a bit stressed trying to plan my birthday event. I had made a reservation for 17 people at Pa'ina lounge in Japantown. I wasn't sure whether to get a cake for myself, what to wear, if I'd have time to rest beforehand, etc. I ended up stopping by Walgreens and buying some birthday hats and stickers, as well as candles. I rested at home for a few minutes, put on a dress shirt and green tie, then shared a Lyft with Alex and Sam to the restaurant. Our driver was telling us one-line jokes as he drove us up Webster Street.

I was told that we would have a 2-hour time limit, so I pushed back the start from 7 to 7:15. Amanda showed up, then Velin, then Ed, then John. I was starting to relax a bit. We had four tables but ended up only needing three (we gave up two to other guests). Others showed up - Jay, Ben (and his Portuguese roomate Kat), Steve, and Emilia. Wayne even showed up toward the end! We ordered rainbow shots for the whole table (which weren't very strong), and I was drinking several Blue Hawaiians. Also $0.25 wings were great!

It was lots of fun. I was making sure to mingle with everyone, being the good host that I am.

We ended up going to karaoke at Pagoda Cafe (my local spot!). Sang the night away. Steve ended up driving me (and Ben and Kat) home. Great times.

I woke up with a slight hangover today. And we had our All Hands meeting today too. But thankfully my job is chill and it's a good day at work.

I had lunch today at Panera Bread and then went to Starbucks to claim my birthday reward (I learned that it is now only valid on the day of your birthday - but they gave me my venti triple mocha frappuccino anyway)!

0 responses to "Thursday, 3 May 2018"

Leave a Reply