I'm about to leave to Chicago. I'm excited; definitely in need of a vacation.
Work has been going along; I'm happy with my workload, but I'm not getting along with my coworkers. It's like there's an invisible wall between us that even I can't break down. The idea of going out with them for a drink outside of work is cringe-worthy. They don't respond to my humor; they generally just like to complain about things and that negative energy affects how well I can respond to things. I'm not planning on quitting anytime soon, however. It's a good job and I'm happy with the responsibilities that I have.
Yesterday: Last night I went to meet Priscilla, who was visiting SF for a work conference. I met her at the Thirsty Bear to pick up two wristbands (she can't use them to go to the party tonight, so I'm giving them to Evelyn). I met her coworkers, Rusty (?) the dancer and John the talkative, gregarious manager. There was also Ryan, the attractive young rep from Box. I left them as they went into the Gold Room.
My health is good. I've been going for my runs every 2 to 3 days. My lower back pain/bruise is gone, but there is some lingering discomfort throughout the length of my back, which may be due to sleeping in awkward positions.
My social life is steady. I have a very wide circle of acquaintances here in SF, but no real close friends that I see every week. I am sort of dating-ish(?) Daniel. As in I see him every week and he's excited to see me (this past weekend, he was house sitting Bill and Curtis' place in the Castro). I don't know if anything serious will come of it, he doesn't have social media which doesn't match well with who I imagine myself being with (I want to become more connected and up to date with the world).
Living situation: I have fully moved all my stuff into my new bedroom. Helena should be getting the keys to move in tonight. Had a little disagreement with Evelyn over a $6 difference in rent, but it'll settle down over time. I have started looking at apartments in Oakland, and it looks like if I want my rent to stay around the same rate ($1200) I should get a 2-bedroom apartment and find a roommate. But I'd also want laundry and access to BART (or a parking spot), which increases the rent. Plus, the idea of moving all my stuff is daunting. My new room is good and spacious, and I'm in the action in the city, so I should enjoy it for some time.
Resolution progress: I finished a book last night (Unstoppable by Anthony Robles). And I've stayed off Reddit on my phone. Not the most ambitious month, but I did start off injured, so I needed the rest. Plus, continuing several of my past resolutions (using GoBike, running, kickball) has been keeping me occupied. For September, I think I'll delete all my dating apps. I also want to make a video diary each day (and either post to Snapchat, IG, or combine them all and upload to YouTube). So let's see how that goes. It'll be challenging because I'm traveling for most of the first half of the month (Chicago and Seattle). I may also re-join improv. I also want to control my spending (below $3000) as that has definitely creeped up lately.
Family: Mom is good at home; she does exercises occasionally. No complaints about Uncle Ben.
The world is in the same weird spot as always. There was a shooting in Florida over the weekend (at a gaming tournament). A hurricane almost hit Hawaii. John McCain died. The investigation into Russia-Trump continues. Chaos in Australia's political system.
The weather is still chilly in SF. Fogust has been strong. I'm happy to be in Chicago and wearing shorts. I have weirdly been getting allergies, similar to what I've had in LA during September. Climate change, perhaps? Or has my body just developed a histamine response to SF's allergens? (Daniel said that this happens the second year you live in a city.)
--
Ok time to head off to the airport and onward to Chicago - bon voyage to me!
Work has been going along; I'm happy with my workload, but I'm not getting along with my coworkers. It's like there's an invisible wall between us that even I can't break down. The idea of going out with them for a drink outside of work is cringe-worthy. They don't respond to my humor; they generally just like to complain about things and that negative energy affects how well I can respond to things. I'm not planning on quitting anytime soon, however. It's a good job and I'm happy with the responsibilities that I have.
Yesterday: Last night I went to meet Priscilla, who was visiting SF for a work conference. I met her at the Thirsty Bear to pick up two wristbands (she can't use them to go to the party tonight, so I'm giving them to Evelyn). I met her coworkers, Rusty (?) the dancer and John the talkative, gregarious manager. There was also Ryan, the attractive young rep from Box. I left them as they went into the Gold Room.
My health is good. I've been going for my runs every 2 to 3 days. My lower back pain/bruise is gone, but there is some lingering discomfort throughout the length of my back, which may be due to sleeping in awkward positions.
My social life is steady. I have a very wide circle of acquaintances here in SF, but no real close friends that I see every week. I am sort of dating-ish(?) Daniel. As in I see him every week and he's excited to see me (this past weekend, he was house sitting Bill and Curtis' place in the Castro). I don't know if anything serious will come of it, he doesn't have social media which doesn't match well with who I imagine myself being with (I want to become more connected and up to date with the world).
Living situation: I have fully moved all my stuff into my new bedroom. Helena should be getting the keys to move in tonight. Had a little disagreement with Evelyn over a $6 difference in rent, but it'll settle down over time. I have started looking at apartments in Oakland, and it looks like if I want my rent to stay around the same rate ($1200) I should get a 2-bedroom apartment and find a roommate. But I'd also want laundry and access to BART (or a parking spot), which increases the rent. Plus, the idea of moving all my stuff is daunting. My new room is good and spacious, and I'm in the action in the city, so I should enjoy it for some time.
Resolution progress: I finished a book last night (Unstoppable by Anthony Robles). And I've stayed off Reddit on my phone. Not the most ambitious month, but I did start off injured, so I needed the rest. Plus, continuing several of my past resolutions (using GoBike, running, kickball) has been keeping me occupied. For September, I think I'll delete all my dating apps. I also want to make a video diary each day (and either post to Snapchat, IG, or combine them all and upload to YouTube). So let's see how that goes. It'll be challenging because I'm traveling for most of the first half of the month (Chicago and Seattle). I may also re-join improv. I also want to control my spending (below $3000) as that has definitely creeped up lately.
Family: Mom is good at home; she does exercises occasionally. No complaints about Uncle Ben.
The world is in the same weird spot as always. There was a shooting in Florida over the weekend (at a gaming tournament). A hurricane almost hit Hawaii. John McCain died. The investigation into Russia-Trump continues. Chaos in Australia's political system.
The weather is still chilly in SF. Fogust has been strong. I'm happy to be in Chicago and wearing shorts. I have weirdly been getting allergies, similar to what I've had in LA during September. Climate change, perhaps? Or has my body just developed a histamine response to SF's allergens? (Daniel said that this happens the second year you live in a city.)
--
Ok time to head off to the airport and onward to Chicago - bon voyage to me!
0 responses to "2018 August 30 [Thursday]"
Leave a Reply