"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

I have been seeing Daniel every day (and sleeping together every night) for almost the last two months (since he visited me in LA at the beginning of January). Last night was the first night that I decided to sleep alone. I needed a break. It felt good to have a mental reset. Spending all my evenings and free time with someone is nice, but it also made me a little crazy. I found myself acting more irrational (perhaps in an attempt to get more attention?). In any case, I awoke this morning by myself and feeling more normal, albeit still tired. I think I'll appreciate Dan's presence more if I ensure that we periodically have some time apart.

I've been continuing with my freelance work, but I have stopped applying to new projects. I think I should, though - my energy just hasn't been there.

In reality, most of my productive hours lately have been spent playing Cities: Skylines, which I downloaded onto my laptop a few weeks ago (after returning from LA in early February). My daydreams have shifted even more into designing ideal cities. I haven't had an impetus to change.

Let's recap my days:

Monday, February 25: Woke up at my apt with Dan. Went for a run; it was drizzling/showering slightly. I decided to stay home the whole day and avoid the rain. But before it started raining, I went to Safeway and bought a bunch of groceries, which hopefully would sustain me for the next week and a half until I fly to LA. I cooked a huge pot of chili (should last 3-4 days) and played Cities Skylines.

Sunday, February 24: Woke up at Dan's apartment early - he had to go to work. I walked home, played Cities Skylines for 6 hours. Went for an evening walk around Precita Park, then proceeded to the 885 house for family dinner. I bought vegan cheese from Safeway for Thomas (who is very allergic to milk/dairy). Russell let me in; Dan and Thomas were there preparing the pizza dough and sauce. There was also Yash (sp?) who also works at Apple and happens to live across the street from me. In fact, he lives with Tom P (my former flatmate!). Dan also was making homemade pretzels, which involved dipping the dough in a dangerous chemical. I tried to help but I was just making things worse, so I sulked in a corner to recharge my energy. Colin and Nicole arrived - they are now dating! We had a lovely dinner all sitting around and drinking wine. Dan was pretty drunk - we walked home and I made a quick ramen before passing out.

Saturday, February 23: I woke up thinking today was Friday. I went for my morning run at 8am. Dan left for his place around 9:30am to meet Augie for breakfast. I spend the day playing Cities Skylines. Dan texted me around 2:30pm to invite me out - I rushed to get ready and met him, Russell, and Augie at El Farolito. Because I had rushed to get ready, I was feeling flustered and stressy. I just wanted to complain about things and get attention. Little did I know that Augie was also the attention-seeking type. We all hopped on a bus to go up 24th Street to upper Noe (near Castro / Twin Peaks) where we began a walking tour. We went to a small parklet that has a stone slide, then walked through Kite Hill park and across Market Street, eventually making our way up Vulcan Stairs and to Corona Heights park. It was my first time there during the daytime, and the views were amazing. The weather was clear but chilly - somehow Augie was only wearing a shirt. Russell took photos of us which looked nice. (Russell also refused to give me his phone to take photos of him, which irked me). Augie had to go back to the South Bay, and Russell had to go home to get ready for the evening's show, Mean Gays starring Laganga Estranga and Kim Chi. Dan and I walked to Dolo to use the bathroom, then we stopped by my place to recharge for a minute, and we took the bus to his place to cook dinner (chicken/chickpea Vindaloo).

Friday, February 22: Did my morning run (a square route, as far as 21st and Alabama). Dan left for class. Did some work and played some Cities: Skylines. I cooked some veg chili (beans and potatoes). Around 3:15pm I began walking up Mission Street (Dan and I had planned to meet to go shopping). As I was texting him, around Mission/14th St, a bus stopped and Dan stepped out! I accompanied him to St. John's where he prepared Sunday's music. We then walked to Rainbow Grocery (on 13th) to buy spices and yeast. We then walked to Nordstrom Rack (by the Bed Bath and Beyond) to do some shopping. Dan ended up buying some shoes. Finally, we went to Costco to buy the pork belly he needed (he is planning to cure his own bacon). I was exhausted and somewhat frustrated (i.e. in a difficult mood) as we caught the bus. I was darting in front of traffic. The 12 bus got us to my apartment promptly. We watched some Netflix (The Assassination of Gianni Versace which was too violent for Dan, and Sex Education).

Thursday, February 21: I had some homemade veg bread before left Dan's place around 9:15am. I stayed home, did some work, played some Cities Skylines, and the day passed. The burn on my thumb has stopped swelling with liquid each day. In the evening, Dan texted me "had a beer, don't know where to go now" which I understood as "I want to go out but don't want to admit it." So we joined up; I was ready to drink; Dan simply wanted some pie at Mission Pie. Then we realized that we didn't need to go out, so we just went home. Watched some Netflix and slept.

Wednesday, February 20: Went for my morning run around lower Noe Valley (Church and 28th). Stayed at home, did a little work but mostly played Cities Skylines, then went for a late afternoon walk around Noe Valley while listening to podcasts. I walked to Dan's place in the evening, and we made a chicken vindaloo (thanks to Trader Joe's).

Tuesday, February 19: Because yesterday was President's Day, today felt somewhat like a Monday (but I'm not really working so it doesn't really matter). I went for an afternoon walk all the way up Mission St, to St John's (which I only now saw/visited), and a bit into SOMA and Mission Bay and Potrero Hill. I passed the Costco, Airbnb HQ, and Adobe's offices before walking back south along Potrero Ave. Dan met up with me; I was feeling flustered and demanding, so we settled on having dinner at Mi Yucatan. I had a big filling plate of roasted chicken with potatoes, rice, and beans.

Monday, February 18: It's President's Day. I was still recovering the weekend in Tahoe. My thumb's burn is looking more gnarly. I walked in the afternoon to Dolo, and back down Valencia Street (there was a police/fire activity at the corner of 15th and Valencia). The weather was sunny, brilliantly clear, and frustratingly chilly.

0 responses to "2019 February 26 | Tuesday + Recap of Previous Days"

Leave a Reply