Friday, 24 January 2013
Work continues to be busy, partly because of my new intern. I am creating tasks for her to do, but I still have a lot to teach her before she moves forward. However, the French team at work is really happy with her, as she is a definite francophile.
I stayed at the office for some beers. Mike was too busy chatting with others (Jules, Nick) to talk to me. I did not go out with Toby, Yati, etc. - I just biked home.
Saturday, 25 January 2013
I was up and awake at a decent hour. I didn't go shopping to REWE, though. I thought I had left my wallet at the office, so I went there but found nothing. (My wallet was just on my desk, d'oh!) Mike was in Cologne with Caro. I had a mini-vent against him and am trying to control how angry I feel that we aren't talking. I just need to get over it, and with time it will feel better.
Francesco and I planned a "spontaneous" night out that turned into a house party at Nicole and Ricardo's in Oberbilk/Volksgarten. It was a bit awkward that her flatmate and her friends were over. It was also not easy to find the flat, and it's doorbell didn't work. But we had fun. Got quite drunk. I stayed and didn't go out to the club. It was raining. I biked back to Mike's place to use the internet outside his door and he and Caro were just returning. I guess I am really jealous that they are together and I no longer have Mike. But I will get over it.
I biked home in the rain.
Sunday, 26 January 2013
I was a bit hungover. Made a nice big "half English" breakfast with Anton (bacon, eggs, beans) that really helped. I just chilled at home the whole day, staying very unproductive. I ordered earbuds and a replacement "yolo" jewelry-holding hand for Nicole (which I broke at the party). I called my mom, and she wants me to write her speech for her before she goes to the Philippines this next weekend. Watched The Wolf of Wall Street, since everyone has been talking about it, I enjoyed it but was also affected by all the hype it had received.
I'm looking to replace Mike. He clearly doesn't care about me as much as I care about him.
Work continues to be busy, partly because of my new intern. I am creating tasks for her to do, but I still have a lot to teach her before she moves forward. However, the French team at work is really happy with her, as she is a definite francophile.
I stayed at the office for some beers. Mike was too busy chatting with others (Jules, Nick) to talk to me. I did not go out with Toby, Yati, etc. - I just biked home.
Saturday, 25 January 2013
I was up and awake at a decent hour. I didn't go shopping to REWE, though. I thought I had left my wallet at the office, so I went there but found nothing. (My wallet was just on my desk, d'oh!) Mike was in Cologne with Caro. I had a mini-vent against him and am trying to control how angry I feel that we aren't talking. I just need to get over it, and with time it will feel better.
Francesco and I planned a "spontaneous" night out that turned into a house party at Nicole and Ricardo's in Oberbilk/Volksgarten. It was a bit awkward that her flatmate and her friends were over. It was also not easy to find the flat, and it's doorbell didn't work. But we had fun. Got quite drunk. I stayed and didn't go out to the club. It was raining. I biked back to Mike's place to use the internet outside his door and he and Caro were just returning. I guess I am really jealous that they are together and I no longer have Mike. But I will get over it.
I biked home in the rain.
Sunday, 26 January 2013
I was a bit hungover. Made a nice big "half English" breakfast with Anton (bacon, eggs, beans) that really helped. I just chilled at home the whole day, staying very unproductive. I ordered earbuds and a replacement "yolo" jewelry-holding hand for Nicole (which I broke at the party). I called my mom, and she wants me to write her speech for her before she goes to the Philippines this next weekend. Watched The Wolf of Wall Street, since everyone has been talking about it, I enjoyed it but was also affected by all the hype it had received.
I'm looking to replace Mike. He clearly doesn't care about me as much as I care about him.
0 responses to "Weekend 24-26 January"
Leave a Reply