"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

I'm back (to blogging... I would like to fill in all the missed days in the past, but let's be realistic)

I'm back! From my nearly non-stop traveling. I just returned late last night (1am) from Stockholm via Amsterdam. The train from Schiphol didn't stop at Oberhausen or Duisburg, but it was nevertheless 15 minutes behind schedule as it arrived in Düsseldorf. And then, my tram home was not running anymore. So I just took the U-Bahn and walked. Luckily it was not raining. Once back home, I was simply exhausted.

Slept until 9am. I was still not fully rested.

Quote of the day: "I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom"

I had no energy to unpack, let alone repack (I have to move all my stuff to my new flat this week).

Matze is coming this week! Wednesday night.

Ironically, Thomas told me that we could/should go to Hamburg this Friday (and possibly stay longer).

Now I am more aware of my mental health and want to actively keep it strong. I have once again been inspired to go through a process of self-improvement. However, I'm not going to start cold turkey all at once, but have a checklist of things that I want to try for 1 week at a time (eating no gluten, no caffeine, running 5km/day, contacting one past friend per day, etc.). It's a test of my willpower and focus. Let's see how this goes.

Work was - boring. Apparently a bunch of people went to the Netherlands (Stamproy) this weekend. Even though I was enjoying my time in Stockholm, I felt left out.

Lunch: Mensa. With Antonis, Miikka, Toby, Ricardo, Marina, Vale

Back at the apartment, Anton was there. He was excited to see me back again, and he was happy to tell me about his fun times getting smashed in Stuttgart and smashing our new neighbor upstairs.

I could not sit on the couch anymore, because he told me that Badi brought back a tramp from the street who actually pissed on the couch! Disgusting. I'm not taking the couch to my new flat.

I went to bed around 10pm, and I soon fell asleep. Woke up at 7:30am, still didn't organize or clean anything, nor did I unpack. I'm simply unmotivated. I think I just have nothing exciting to look forward to, and without Mike around to give me energy, I just want to stay alone and be pitiful. :/ Anyway, that's the downside of living away from home. Blah, it's not me, but it is at this moment.

0 responses to "Monday, 26 May 2014"

Leave a Reply