Wow, another long time with no update. I realise that I need to record my life somehow because I have a hard time grasping "where I am" in the course of the year, etc. (and I just realized that I dwell way too much on the past and spend too much time trying to fully understand what has happened in my life). This year is no exception: it's already the second week of MAY?! I really am boggled. Especially seeing how much has changed (particularly with Mike, since he is now fully in a relationship with the girl that he was just texting on New Years). I am adjusting and struggling a bit personally to get by here in Germany. The fact that Mike has fallen out of my life is also a big factor. But for some reason now I can see that I was just being crazy and paranoid for the last 4 months. I was blinded to reality (that he was falling for a girl) and instead made it all about me. The reality is, he does care about me but not in the obsessive way that I thought of him. I am a bit unstable, and I am now acknowledging that (which should help me be able to control it). I did some bad things and I regret that. I also conveniently blocked out many inconvenient facts/events from my memory, which does not change the fact that they happened an have an effect on the people around me.
Anyway, enough venting. I actually feel quite good.
So update: I'm in Düsseldorf for a few days; just returned from my bday weekend trip to Sicily, and I'm going to Amsterdam on Saturday to pick up my mom and uncle. We'll then be traveling together for te next two weeks!
Lies was sedated last night and passed away this morning. On Laura's birthday :( it's making Mike sad, obviously, as it makes me sad.
Work is the same, though I don't have the initiative that I did before.
My "birthday surprise" was yesterday: bacon cupcakes in the office :)
Sicily was a good trip, though our group was not as cohesive as I had hoped. Also dampened by the fact that Mike lost his passport and I still felt sad every time I saw him (for at least the first few days). We had a good talk on the last day of the trip and became gezelig all over again :)
0 responses to "Thursday, 8 May 2014"
Leave a Reply