"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Monday 17 September
Back to work. The roads in Emeryville are being paved, and so the bike stations are also closed. This means I'm taking Lime scooters to/from the office.

Left work and got home early (5:15pm) and I DIDN'T HAVE MY KEY. It wasn't in my pocket, not in my backpack.

FUCK. I LOST MY KEY. And my phone was low on battery (18%). I texted my roommates; Evelyn was still in Mexico. Alex would be back around 7-8pm, so I had a few hours to kill. I'd wander and listen to podcasts until my battery died.

I texted Dan and he was on the bus (conveniently) about to pass me. So we met up. and

Tuesday 18 September
Work actually went well. I'm learning to work better with Allie and Jensen (gradually letting go of my defensive/combative attitude toward them and trying to be more collaborative). I'm noticing them be more friendly toward me too.

There was a Cal Young Alumni meetup in San Francisco after work. I went and chatted with a few people. Met a girl originally from China, and another girl with her fiancee who is originally from Antwerp. We connected and they were impressed by my international history. Was alright, but definitely reminded me that I'm not 22 anymore!

After that, I was biking home but saw that Jorge was in the city. I texted him and we met for a drink in Castro at The Mix. He had been in a bike accident (his dog Dexter had pulled him down) and he had dislocated his finger and broken a ligament - ouch!). He's scheduled to go into surgery at the end of the week.

Wednesday 19 September
Made a copy of the spare house keys at the key machine in Safeway.

Couldn't find a lime scooter so I Go-biked to MacArthur.

I stayed in and did not drink (for once)

Thursday 20 September
I decided to text/message a lot of people whom I haven't heard from in a while. It feels good to reach out to people and maintain a relationship! Especially for me, because I have so many people in my life that I can often lose sight of.

Went to Hi Tops in the evening, met David N. there. Ran into Henry and his friend Nate there, too. Ended the night with a Super Duper burger and fries, biked home. I felt bloated.

Friday 21 September
Woke up feeling warm - my room had retained a lot of heat somehow. Maybe it's the dark curtains in the morning? It's sunny, and I was listening to Earth Wind and Fire's "Septemeber". Mood elevated.

Took BART to MacArthur and walked in to the office. Took care of a few small things; but since it's only 5 of us today, it's a pretty chill day. Lunch at Drake's.

0 responses to "21 September 2018 | Quick Weekly Recap"

Leave a Reply