Thursday, April 12, 2012
I’m at the computer lab on campus. I spent much of my day here yesterday, trying to get work done, but as usual, I’m not nearly as productive as I hoped to be. I simply get distracted too easily.
So what’s been going on in my life the last few days?
- Schoolwork is at the forefront of my mind. With only 2.5 weeks left in the term, it is insane how quickly things are going right now. I just want to enjoy every moment that I’m here. And I am.
- Tuesday night, I joined the other exchange students for an evening at the ballpark. First, I joined Pierre, Christian, and a couple others for drinks at Tyler’s. Time was tight, so as the girls arrived, Pierre went ahead to get the tickets for everyone while the Finns and I finished our dinner. We went to see the Durham Bulls play Charlotte (the Bulls lost 5-0). We went to Tyler’s afterwards for a drink or three.
- Yesterday, I went to campus to go to an optional speaker for our Entrepreneurial Finance class. It was only slightly interesting, and only about 15 people were there anyway.
- It was cold overnight. There was a freeze warning in effect for the area; the first freeze since February. The heater was turned on, and it dried out the air in my room. I woke up and it was already 9:40. Stefano and Jonny had to get to campus for an exam, and Jonny’s car was getting fixed, so Christoph dropped them off while I was still getting ready! Ugh. I tried to rush to get ready too. So Christoph drove back and picked me up and dropped me off at school. Our Social Entrepreneurship class has a speaker from B Lab, which certifies companies as B Corps, showing they have a measure of social commitment. It’s interesting; he’s also speaking this evening, and I might consider going to his other speech.
0 responses to "Cases and cases and cases"
Leave a Reply