"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Short week. What have I been doing? Pretty much nothing. You'd think it feels good to be completely done with exams and everything... and it does. But I don't really have anything to make me get up in the morning. And I don't have many other connections in London to meet up with either. Life just seems really dull. Today I woke up at 8:30am and instead of going for a job, I decided to go out [I had decided that the earlier I do things, the more productive each day would be.]. I wanted to explore more parts of London, so I headed to Westminster at 9am. It wasn't too crowded, and I walked around the Houses of Parliament to Lambeth bridge and further south to the Tate Britain. But it was closed. So much for that plan. So I walked over to Vauxhall, and it began to rain. Sidebar: The weather has been absolutely horrible the last week or so. It's been raining almost everyday, and chilly and windy too. Today, it was especially windy and rain would spurt on every 30 minutes or so. Umbrellas were useless. I took a bus from Vauxhall to Peckham, with a goal of going to Primark to buy a couple things. Sitting behind me on the bus were two loud, shallow sounding American girls, they seemed to be around my age, and they were talking about all of their friends who were now getting married. I resisted the urge to talk to them and just pretended that I wasn't American. I made it to Peckham, and it was still cold and raining. I walked over to Primark, making sure to check in on Foursquare (I was doing that the whole morning. Guess I'm going through that overuse/addiction phase with it now. And it's a way to satisfy my urge to constantly use my iPhone while trying to limit the amount of data I use [I'm still on data roaming in the UK]. The Primark wasn't very crowded, not surprising considering it was 10:30am, and I was able to find some cheap undershirts easily. I also bought a cheap long-sleeve shirt, just because. [And also partially because I feel really underdressed in London. I'm trying to not let the peer pressure get to me, but it's hard. They have a different style here and you can't help but notice. I miss the really casual laid-back attitude of Americans in general.] Anyway, I had noticed that the P12 bus stopped right there in Peckham, so I waited for a few minutes for it, getting pelted with a strong wind and waves of rain showers that soaked my Primark shopping bag. The bus was filled mainly with older people and it took me all the way home in 20 minutes.

0 responses to "Bored; Windy and Rainy. The British Summer Is Here."

Leave a Reply