So it's Monday morning. I have been in London for a month and 10 days now. Also, it's six months to Christmas. For the past week I've been hosting a French girl, Alice, who is on her way home from a 1-year adventure - mostly in Australia but bits in Southeast Asia. She's the hitchhiking, free-spirited type, which I quite admire. Since Friday Alice's friend, Solen also stayed with us. The housing transition. On the 21st (Thursday) started another quarter of our apartment lease. It also meant that Kristina was to move out. Thus, Swag and I have been (at different levels of franticness) looking for a new flatmate to move in. Gumtree was not very effective, and neither was Craigslist. We got a couple responses from CouchSurfing, and even more from Spareroom.co.uk. Nevertheless, by Thursday we still had no flatmate. But I advanced the money to make the rent payment. There was one guy from Switzerland who was interested, and was willing to commit to the room sight unseen but he only wanted the room for 2 months, which wasn't best for us. (We wanted someone for either 1 month, so we could sublease during the Olympics, or 3 months.) I have a habit of imagining the worst things possible to happen. Weird, I know. But I guess it makes real life seem much less... horrible?
0 responses to "Lots of Ideas, Little Action. Including France."
Leave a Reply