"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Woke up pretty early, because there was so much sunlight coming through my windows! Mike left for work. Around 9, an engineer from Sky arrived to install the satellite connection. Morgan was still sleeping on the fold out sofa. The Sky installation didn’t work, because they needed to get onto the roof to properly position the receiver dish (a second guy came around a couple hours later to confirm this).

The problems in our flat about: Our toilet is continuously filling up; it has some sort of leak. Mike and I have no wardrobe rod. There is no internet connection. No TV connection. My bed is broken. Kayleen is sleeping on a double bed supported by a single bed base. The shower has no fixtures, leaving the showerhead on the floor. We need an extension cord to plug the washing machine in and the oven.
For most of the day, I was at home, unpacking and trying to rearrange my room. Mel was around for the morning, before she had to leave for a training session. I walked to the Tesco Express (in a gas station) and bought some basic things to get some food in my stomach. Our kitchen was still very empty. I watched some Game of Thrones and tried to nap.

Around 3pm I left for LSE, taking the tube from Stockwell station. I just had some time to respond to the main emails and save some job postings to respond to later. I then headed home, where Mike and Mel were waiting for me. We were hungry and keen to go out for dinner. We waited for Kayleen, but she didn’t arrive so we headed out. Just when we stepped out, Kayleen arrived! So the four of us took a bus to London Bridge, where we had Italian food at a moderately priced family run restaurant. The girls went home, while Mike and I went over to Canary Wharf to meet Fernanda. I could have gone out with Amanda or Heidi tonight, but I chose Fernanda. She was drinking with friends/colleagues. We crammed in and sat all together.

Fernanda's coworker Sophia (from Sweden) was talking to me but I couldn’t even concentrate. The night ended up as a disorganized mess, as people wanted to go out to many different places. I pushed for Camden Town, which completely alienated the central London people and which erupted into Alexandra getting upset in the station. Fernanda, Mike, and I were left, and we somehow convinced Fernanda to join us in Brixton and then final drinks at our flat.

I NEED A JOB.

0 responses to "Friday, 21 September 2012"

Leave a Reply