"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Monday, the start of the work week, but it was already my second day going to LSE to use the internet. Our landlord promised that the internet would be installed tomorrow (Tuesday), but given his track record so far, I didn't expect much.

I followed up with Iain regarding the unpaid internship, calling him from the LSE library lobby, where we talked for almost 45 minutes. The site has a lot of problems and things to look after, which means that I would be very busy as an intern. It does seem to provide me with precisely the experience I need - working hands-on in a startup, managing social media, reaching out to blog partners to drive traffic to the site, touching a bit on SEO. I can do it. At least I'll get a good recommendation out of it and something to put on my CV. I told Iain that I'd get back to him tomorrow to confirm.

I told Swag about the internship, and he said "go for it!"; I told Mike about the internship, and he said "don't do it!"

Got a phone call from Fernanda, who was having a horrible day at work. She was ready to quit right then and there. I did my best to console her and keep her going. We made arrangements to meet for dinner.

Since I had internet, I called home, but mom wasn't there, so I just spoke with my uncle, who has apparently gotten into Mahjong, which seems good for him.

I came home then went to dinner with Fernanda. We met at Canada Water and walked over to the Angel pub, which unfortunately wasn't serving food on Mondays! :X So we had a beer, and hungry, we walked over to Bermondsey and had sushi at Poppy Hana. I almost died walking in front of a bus. We talked, but it turned somewhat awkward as you could feel the tension in the air.

While I was at dinner, our landlord came to the flat to fix my bed and Kayleen's bed. But he brought the wrong size base for my bed, which Mike was texting me. I told Fernanda about it and she was like, "go, go!" It was pretty awkward.

So I went home; Mike had made his room into a romantic candlelit cave, and we chatted. Apparently it's a cultural thing - in the Netherlands people are just naturally upfront and honest with their emotions, not keeping anything inside or trying to protect others' feelings. Just say what you feel and what you think. How awesome is that? Anyway, Mike encouraged me to get my feelings out, which was pretty awesome.


0 responses to "Monday, 24 September 2012"

Leave a Reply