Still no internet in the flat. I went to LSE in the morning to send out more job applications and to download some shows to watch in the evening (primarily Game of Thrones and Californication). Mike apparently slept in until 3pm!
Anyway, one job application responded right away - Competition Hunter, which is a UK website that aggregates online competitions in which people can enter and win stuff. The founder was impressed by my qualifications and wanted to bring me on as an intern. But (as I would soon discover) it would be a one-month unpaid internship, and I would be working from home. So it's not ideal but it would give me exposure to a lot of areas that I want to learn about.
The weather has turned colder and damper. Summer is definitely over now :(
I returned home to learn that the gas boiler in the house was not working, and as a result, neither was the oven/stove, the hot water, or the heating in the house! WTF?!?!?!
We called the landlord, but he was hesitant to reply. The problems in the house are simply becoming too much. The toilet continues to leak, there is no shower fixture, neither Mike nor I have a working wardrobe rod, there are piles of wood just laying in the upstairs hallway, and my bed is still broken! Unbelievable.
So, unable to cook food (except for the microwave, which we weren't prepared for), Mike and I walked to Brixton and had some take away food from two fried chicken joints. Meh.
0 responses to "Sunday, 23 September 2012"
Leave a Reply