"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

I returned to Germany last Wednesday night. It was cold as I expected. Everyone here follows the rules. It does get on my nerves a bit.

I was welcomed back to work with a US/Canada breakfast. Pancakes and bacon, yes! And the sad news that Alexa was leaving; she's moving to South Africa.

I stayed at home this weekend. Went to REWE with Anton. We drank a lot of the chai I brought from India.

Sunday there was a Thanksgiving dinner at Alexa's place. I made homemade mac n cheese and mashed potatoes. Was nice. Nothing too exciting.

Nelson Mandela died.
Obama took a selfie at his funeral.

Work is work. Not much exciting happening. I have a lot to do, but nothing particularly exciting. Hopefully this will change soon, once I get an intern. Oh yes, and I have yearly reviews up soon.

I've been really lazy and just staying at home everyday, going to bed early (like 9-10pm; maybe still some jet lag?), and not even motivated to unpack and wash all my clothes yet. I still haven't gone to the Christmas Market in the city center. It's just too far away and too cold for me to bike there.

I hate this cold weather. And I wish it would be sunny and just cool (like 10 degrees warmer). But no.

0 responses to "1 Week Back in Düsseldorf - Reverse Culture Shock or just S.A.D.?"

Leave a Reply