"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

I stayed home today. I'm in the midst of hosting a bunch of different people through Airbnb, and since Swag left for Italy late Tuesday night we have a second bedroom to rent out. Tai and Rebekah were here for three days, until today. Tai was Vietnamese-German, and we spoke in German. Rebekah was mostly silent and seemed to be aloof and uninterested in interacting with me (or anyone in the flat for that matter). And this wore off on Tai: They cooked their own food, they went to the bathroom together, and they browsed the internet together while barely acknowledging my presence. (This is the main reason why I prefer Couchsurfers to Airbnb guests - they actually are interested in you!). Around 11 this morning, the French people arrived - Eden and Jerome. They seem nice and were friendly to talk to. They were also tired, so I pumped up the bed and let them have a nap, while I relocated to Swag's empty room. I tried to get some work done on my dissertation, but it's really slow going. Really. I could barely eek out a paragraph. (I just need to break this inertia and get some momentum going.) But it's also sooo hard to concentrate with all the Olympic excitement going on! Eden and Jerome left in the afternoon, Tai and Rebekah stopped by again, then left to finalize a few things. I decided to cook a big pot of chili, making use of all the lentils we had and being able to feed all our guests (it's a simple recipe and hard to mess up)! The Germans returned to cook (they had bought a lot of food from Tesco, and they cooked it all and took it with them instead of sharing it with me), pick up their stuff and leave. It was a curt and odd goodbye. I watched some Olympics swimming, watched another episode Breaking Bad (my current obsession), and spent nearly an hour talking with my mom and uncle (I had just bought my flight back to LA!). Now I'm just waiting for Eden and Jerome to return, and for Tiziano and Carlotta to arrive (probably will be around 2am).

0 responses to "2nd of August. Thursday."

Leave a Reply