I set a self-imposed deadline for my dissertation: This Friday (tomorrow)! To make this deadline stronger, I've planned a big Monopoly Pub Crawl on Saturday. Making it public helps to enforce the deadline. I have been very diligent about working on my dissertation; I'm becoming more productive each day. Yesterday, I drank a cup of coffee (just one!) that kept me up and focused all day (even though I was still wired and jittery in the evening). In fact, as I was leaving the library, I ejected my flash drive, but it wasn't in the computer! I started to panic, not being able to find it anywhere, and I even thought someone had stolen it... BUT turns out, I was looking in the wrong computer the whole time, it was really plugged into the computer terminal on my right! So my brain is pretty fried in the evenings. Last night was also the opening ceremony of the Paralympics. I watched bits of it online, but the connection kept pausing and there were commercials too (because it's on Channel 4, not BBC). Tonight! I'm going to watch paralympics sitting volleyball with Mike. It should be fun, even though I've never seen a paralympics event in my life. Mike is cool too, he's enthusiastic to hang around (or maybe I'm just enthusiastic to hang around?). He apparently is running his own PR/social media consultancy with his brother. So I'm honestly kind of impressed and inspired by him. Anyway, the games tonight will be Egypt vs. Morocco and Iran vs. Rwanda. I think I'll be the only American cheering for Iran :) Our bathroom drain is still clogged. I emailed Brian, and he says that it's the council's responsibility because they manage the external drainage, where people seem to dump a lot of their rubbish. The weather has suddenly gotten colder. Last night, it was genuinely chilly as I was walking back home. Summer looks like it's ending already! :(
0 responses to "Deadline Time"
Leave a Reply