Thursday, 30 August 2012. Ok, it hasn't really been a horrible day, but just a lot of things weren't going my way today:
I couldn't sleep well last night, largely due to an unexpected caffeine overdose and my resulting desire to just get out of the house (and to just get lost).
I was awaken by loud hammering coming from my ceiling. It sounded like the neighbors upstairs were nailing all of their furniture to the ground.
The sound itself was only somewhat annoying, but made worse by the fact that I had an alcohol and caffeine hangover. I forced myself drowsily up.
I simply could not go for my usual jog. My body would not let me.
Because I was going to the paralympics in the evening, it was important that I had my US flag with me. But it was still dirty, so I put it in the laundry with a set of clothes. And, on schedule, it started raining. So I hung them out to dry in the damp air.
I just missed the bus to take me to the tube station. No big deal, except that I had just checked for a bus from my window 20 seconds prior!
The Jubilee Line was experiencing delays due to an alert at Bond Street. Thus, when I got on the tube at 12:30-ish, instead of being mostly empty as it usually is, the train was packed, and there were a lot of people boarding at each station too. Grumble grumble.
I could not make any progress on my dissertation. I proofread a couple paragraphs and read through a few WSJ articles and a research report. But no luck otherwise. Which is not good, considering my self-imposed deadline of tomorrow to get all my writing done!
The weather has changed. The air now feels wintry. I can smell the crispness of autumn in the air.
Well, here's hoping that my evening is better - sitting volleyball at the paralympics. It should be fun - I hope!
0 responses to "30 August: Shall I Tell Thee Abot My Bad Day?"
Leave a Reply