Saturday, 4 May 2013
Today was a good day.
In fact, the last few days have been good days. Just not my birthday.
My birthday wasn't "bad"; it just wasn't particularly special. And it was one of the least exciting birthdays I have had in the last 5 years.
After dropping off his dry cleaning and going to Lidl in the morning, Francesco and I went with Celine to Obi, to buy a grill for our barbecue tomorrow. We then had ice cream at the nearby McDonald's. Ce dropped us off in the city center, and F and I spent several hours wandering around from store to store. We were on a quest to properly stock up for the bbq. We specifically wanted chilis and spices, which were not easy to find. Even the Asian and Turkish stores didn't have them. We ended up going to like 10 different stores, including a Mexican restaurant. We found Real, which is the biggest store of them all, and it had almost everything (except cilantro, which I later found out is coriander).
Sunday, 5 May 2013
Cindo de Drinko! Well, not exactly. We had the barbecue on Celine's balcony. David, Monique and Lisa joined. The sun was shining, and everything felt good. We cooked a lot of meat, and it was great :) We even roasted some marshmallows afterwards. There was a lot to clean up afterwards, but no big worry.
In the evening, our new flatmate arrived: Matthias, from near Würzburg.
0 responses to "Weekend. Cinco de Mayo"
Leave a Reply