Woke up around 7am but chilled in my apartment for some time. It's still a mess.
I had dinner at Mike's last night. It was chill, but also a bit un-passionate about each other. I'm learning not to be as open with him. It still hurts, but I'm becoming numb to the pain.
Took only 6 minutes to bike back to my place from Mike's.
Biked to work (for the first time, since I went to the Auslanderamt yesterday). Discovered a big traffic jam around Rochusstraße and Sternstraße. Hmm.
Spent the morning making the interview/reject decision on all my applicants. Then the usual, optimizing campaigns, setting up stuff, waiting for our docs/databases to load.
Lunch: Mensa. Had a big bowl of eintopf. Ricardo was talking about his "dilemma" of a job offer while he already signed up for his new job in Dublin.
Afternoon was busy. I had 3 phone calls with potential new partners.
I am, however, less stressy now that I have stopped drinking coffee. It's good. I do plan to start drinking decaf.
This week, my "detox" is no alcohol. Let's see how this goes, especially come beer time.
After work, most of my team went to Ratinger Straße to drink. The rain had cleared. Also, Victoria is in town for a few days!
I went to Woolworth (again) at 7:30pm. Today, I bought a clothes drying rack, so I can finally wash/dry my clothes! Woot.
I left my bike at Woolworth (to carry my clothes rack with me). Walked home. Cooked the rest of the chicken and ate the leftovers from my dinner with Mike yesterday. I felt a bit of the soul-crushing loneliness of living alone. This is the first time that I have lived by myself, I realized. I have always (even when traveling) come home at the end of the day and had someone there who was happy to see me. I now need to learn to cheer myself up on my own. Sigh.
I had dinner at Mike's last night. It was chill, but also a bit un-passionate about each other. I'm learning not to be as open with him. It still hurts, but I'm becoming numb to the pain.
Took only 6 minutes to bike back to my place from Mike's.
Biked to work (for the first time, since I went to the Auslanderamt yesterday). Discovered a big traffic jam around Rochusstraße and Sternstraße. Hmm.
Spent the morning making the interview/reject decision on all my applicants. Then the usual, optimizing campaigns, setting up stuff, waiting for our docs/databases to load.
Lunch: Mensa. Had a big bowl of eintopf. Ricardo was talking about his "dilemma" of a job offer while he already signed up for his new job in Dublin.
Afternoon was busy. I had 3 phone calls with potential new partners.
I am, however, less stressy now that I have stopped drinking coffee. It's good. I do plan to start drinking decaf.
This week, my "detox" is no alcohol. Let's see how this goes, especially come beer time.
After work, most of my team went to Ratinger Straße to drink. The rain had cleared. Also, Victoria is in town for a few days!
I went to Woolworth (again) at 7:30pm. Today, I bought a clothes drying rack, so I can finally wash/dry my clothes! Woot.
I left my bike at Woolworth (to carry my clothes rack with me). Walked home. Cooked the rest of the chicken and ate the leftovers from my dinner with Mike yesterday. I felt a bit of the soul-crushing loneliness of living alone. This is the first time that I have lived by myself, I realized. I have always (even when traveling) come home at the end of the day and had someone there who was happy to see me. I now need to learn to cheer myself up on my own. Sigh.
0 responses to "Wednesday, 4 June 2014"
Leave a Reply