"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Work. 10am. Waited over 30 minutes for my laptop to startup.
Had the weekly "team America" meeting.
I'm not sure if I'm doing so well at my job. I'm worried that I'm doing a shitty job.

Finished work around 6pm; I was determined to go home "on time" for once, but I just kept on answering emails and called my mom (to say hi). Some close family friends are having serious health problems. And I need to face it - my parent's generation is old and at the age when they start passing away :(

There was the expat meetup tonight. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to go; just going home and being lazy was an appealing option. But the weather was so nice, and I was still in a "yes man" kind of mood after the last weeks, so I did go. (I almost backed out and went home when my way was blocked by the Rollnacht group). But I did go - it was outside Uerige. The crowd was largely people in Düsseldorf for short-term work assignments, many from India. A couple of people were planning to stay long term.

Some people I met:
Nandy from India. Studied/lived in Frankfurt and now works for Accenture in Düsseldorf
Montsé (Monteserrat?) and her husband Luís, from Mexico (Cancún). They almost lived in Norway but instead came here when Montse got a job.
Elli from Lebanon. Montse's coworker.
Maria - born and raised in Germany but of Greek descent. She is trnasitioning to "be he own boss" as a part of a network marketing scheme.
Two guys from India who work for Ericsson (only here for 3-6 months) and live in the same apartment building.

In the end, I'm glad I went to the meetup. It feels good to meet people, even if they are just one-off meetings. :)

0 responses to "Thursday, 17 July 2014"

Leave a Reply