"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

I stayed late at work last night - until 10:15pm. I was working on my presentation for my semi-annual performance review. I actually was happy that I did, because I reflected on my contributions to the company and to my team, and on my personal (career) goals. It made me feel good, because I think that I am doing a good job and that I actually enjoy my work. (If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't stay so late all the time.)

But so much for my weekly resolution to finish work before 6pm each day.

I am trying to be more outgoing/smile to people more. I'm still reading (slowly) How to Win Friends and Influence People and it's teaching me to focus on other people's perspective and focus on their needs.

Otherwise, not much happened at work, just the usual optimizing campaigns. I'm preparing for Gerald's visit on Friday. We had a team lunch with the "new guy" Joe. But the Portuguese place was closed, so we just ordered in Chinese food.

It was also Stephan's last day with us. We had a goodbye at 5:30pm. Good guy; I wish him well as he finishes his thesis in France.

Back home (at 10:30pm), I finished my leftover cevapcici and rice while watching another episode of Homeland. I'm getting used to this life (living alone). I'm learning to let go of my fussy expectations to be with friends all the time; I'm learning to live my own life and to not be dependent on Mike (or whomever else). After all, I'll be moving onwards on my own, for the rest of my life. It was stupid of me to expect Mike to be with me each step of the way.

This morning, my alarm went off mid-dream again (6:37am), and I snoozed back to sleep for another half an hour. I adjusted my alarm back 15 minutes to better sync my sleep schedule. I got ready and jogged to the Hofgarten (which is all barricaded up as they continue to clean it up). I calculated (using the Moves app) that I am running about an 8 minute mile (2.8km in 15 minutes) which is not bad. However, today I'm feeling sore in the legs; hopefully continuing to exercise helps with that.

Anyway, off to work - Yildiz is preparing Frühstuck for us! (Also her last week...)

0 responses to "Wednesday Morning, July 23rd, 2014"

Leave a Reply