Saturday, 6 July 2013
I was pretty tired and slightly hungover after Friday night (at the company flat). Pavlina's friends, especially Ben (or Dan? Either way, we called him Borat because of his accent) from Prague were pretty drunk and hilarious. When I left, Francesco was really worried that the cops would come again so he was desperately trying to get everyone out of the house.
I woke up around 12. On my phone was a text (in German): "Jason, did you get my email? Does 11am still work for you today?" Oh shit, I had scheduled a flat viewing. Dammit. I rescheduled to the afternoon. I tidied up a little bit, but was just tired. The plan was to have a mini-housewarming at my place tonight. I went to Rewe to buy some food for myself and supplies for the evening, and then it was already time to go to the viewing. The flat was really nice but it was only for one person, not something I would be interested in.
I biked back to the flat and just waited until the evening. I called home. I rushed out to get some last-minute beer and bread, etc., and when I walked out the door, I realized that my pocket was empty. I had my wallet, but I didn't have my keys.
Fuck.
The door wouldn't open. I buzzed the neighbor, who was named Marek, an older man with white hair. He tried to open the door with a wire, but after nearly an hour, it didn't work. I messaged everyone invited, and told them that the party might be cancelled. I eventually had to call the Schlüsseldienst. He arrived, after some waiting, and wanted me to pay €168 (to break the door and everything). I said (in German) no way. He said, "wait let's talk" and somehow I managed to get him down to €50 (I should have pushed for lower) if he could open it without breaking the door. And he did. Boom. I felt so relieved to be home. Party was back on; I told everyone.
I rushed to REWE to buy some beer. Back to the flat. Tobi was the first to show up, with a disposable grill. Eventually, Matze, Francesco, and Danny came. Later came Daniel and Dante. We grilled up a bunch of sausages (since I had so many) and munched on that while drinking shots of killepitsch and some rum and coke.
We ended up going out to Les Halles. Shared a taxi there. We stayed dancing until 4:30. Stefano couldn't get in. Adoni was trying to make a move for the Singaporean girl whose name I always forget, and Daniel for Didem. Haha.
I walked all the way home at 5am. Whatsapping all along the way. Got stopped by the police for running.
Sunday, 7 7 2013
I woke up at 1pm. Made sure to drink plenty of water the night before, so I wasn't hungover but still really tired. I planned to go to the park at 3, but no. I cleaned the house a bit. I then went to the park around 5pm and then to Sigrid's place for a chill evening in the warm sun on her balcony. She made fresh lemonade water. Daniel and Adoni also joined.
I walked back with Adoni, helping him with some English words along the way. Mike was on the train back from the Netherlands.
Monday, 8 July 2013
It was hard to wake up this morning. I had no shaving cream so I didn't shave. I biked to work around 9:30. Wore my red shorts and a blue polo shirt. I had a lot to catch up with from the weekend. I didn't even get to properly say hi to Mike after his weekend. He was already talking with Tobi. I felt left out. I had a meeting with Thomas, and I learned that I had inadvertently fucked up all the big GDN campaigns. Dammit! So now we have to restart all of them. Great. With our internal CIP tracker down, I couldn't even properly track them. Argh!
Lunch - I went with Sigrid, Adoni, and Mike to Lecker Eck, which was really nice. We had a nice meal. Malte arrived there to eat by himself afterwards.
The afternoon; I had a lot still to do, and I was trying to figure out how best to restart the campaigns. I trimmed down the keywords list (which took a lot of time) then started to upload them. But the uploader freezes my computer, which sucks.
I planned for everyone to go to the Biergarten after work (so as not to waste the nice warm suny weather). But I was so stressed at the end of the day that I couldn't even type properly. I just wanted to lay in bed and crawl into a ball.
I didn't talk on the way to the Biergarten. We ran into Matze and Pavlina on their bikes and had them join us. Everyone parted ways. Sigrid had to go to meet a friend. Daniel had to meet his landlord to sign the papers for his new place. He went to Mike's for dinner. I just wanted to be alone. The fact that people were being social and having fun was not cool for me.
I biked home, heard Sebastian vacuuming and turned around and left. I biked to REWE to buy my shaving cream. I got a call from Francesco - it was too late to join the Biergarten (he also had a busy/stressful day). I got a missed call from Sebastian - he couldn't find his shoes. Fuck. I had given them away to Tobi on Saturday. I tried to call Tobi but to no avail. WHY DO I FUCK EVERYTHING UP?! Work, roommates, relationships, even just locking my door - I can't do anything right, even if I am doing my best. Man. This sucks.
Anyway, I stayed at home and watched Ted. It made me smirk but also think deeply about my friendship with Mike. Sigh.
0 responses to "Grillwetter and Sausages. July 6-8, 2013"
Leave a Reply