"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Friday, 12 July 2013
Drinks after work. We got excited by the idea of booking a spontaneous trip somewhere. Mike, Francesco, Tobi, and I were all "in" to go Blind Booking, but we realized we'd just end up in Prague or Hamburg, which wasn't worth it. What about Amsterdam? No, too close. I just wanted to go somewhere with a beach. Anyway, whatever - tomorrow we'd be going to Cologne, like it or not. But we stayed drinking at the office, and people as usual headed out into the Altstadt.

Saturday, 13 July 2013
Happy birthday mom! I changed my profile pic in her honor.
Day in Cologne. Museum with Katie and Mike and Tobi. Met the rest, Katie stayed in the museum then went back to Ddorf for the French picnic. We then climbed the top of the Cathedral. Good view. And we signed our names with my permanent marker :)
We spent the day walking around, stopped by a brewery for lunch which was expensive but I had 3 meals so I was full. Took plenty of cool pictures while walking around. Walked along the river, layed in the grass. Bought a bunch of drinks, went to the other side of the city, drank in the park while waiting for fireworks. Played "who am I?" Saw the fireworks, was tipsy. Walked back into the city - a long and exhausting walk. It was 1am and we couldn't figure out the address where Daniel's friends were. I was pissed off and destructive.

Sunday 14 July 2013
Slept at 6:30 am. Was asleep until 1pm. Badi had returned from his vacation in Morocco. He had his kids over, as usual.

Monday, 15 July 2013
Back to work. 1 on 1 with Thomas. I have to follow up and set up a lot of things.
Team event after work. Casita Mexicana (replacement because What's Beef burgers was closed for some bureaucratic reason). Shots of Mescal. Oh yeah.
I wanted to go to the fair (Kirmes) but it was too late, and I would be too tired (which is the story of the week). Mike was at the fair with the French team for the team event.

Tuesday, 16 July
Work work work. Lunch with Francesco and Tobi (döner). We're all stressed and busy. Afterwards, I went to play badminton. Again, the bike group turned the other way than me. I stopped by McDonald's on the way and brought burgers. Nom. The plan was to go to the fair afterwards; Mike and I showered there (I saw Mike naked hehe), went to McD's for food, then to Mike's place to drop off his stuff. But something was wrong with his bike chain, so we stayed to fix it first. But this took some time (because of the cover on the chain. So an hour later, we were covered with bike grease and tired (from walking up and down to his flat). The fair would be closed, we thought, so instead we just went to my place, shared one Belgian beer, and watched Olympus Has Fallen, which I thought had a very thin plot but had a popular cast.

Wednesday, 17 July
Work is busy, and there aren't enough hours in the day to finish it all.
At least it's warm.
After work, I finally went to the fair! I walked there with Antonis. Mike had gotten his new phone, and he called me to let me know that he would meet us there. We also met Thomas (from LSE), and we walked around for some time. I was tired (from the walking and the long day at work). Mike was really excited to go on rides. I ate churros with ice cream (yum!) and then we rode a big spinning swing. And we had some beers (but I was knackered). They were making fun of me. Antonis couldn't handle all the pretty girls, and Mike was just like, "GO TALK TO THEM!" Thomas and I went home but Mike stayed to take more pictures.

Thursday, 18 July
I came into work late, because I was so tired. This got me into a little trouble with Thomas. Katie pulled me and said "we need you" - it was a meeting to think of a new slogan for the career website. I just said the first thing that came into my mind - "redefine work" - and it was by far the best idea of the whole session. BOOM. I'm known as a "creative" mind now. :)
I brought eggs with me for lunch. Walked with Franco a bit in the park afterwards. I have a "secret admirer" who invited me for a bike ride on Sunday. How sweet!
After work, I was planning to stay late, but instead I got pulled into beach volleyball. I biked there with Mike, Tobi, Jennifer, and Jeff (who had broken the lock to his bike). It was warm and people had no sense of coordination with themselves for it. Half of the guys were shirtless (me, Daniel, Tobi, Mike, and Eoghain). Afterwards, Mike showered naked again, heheh and we all biked back. I went straight home and cooked stir fry. I got a message from Mike saying that they were going karaoke! What, without me?! I felt bad that people would do something without me. Fuck, what happened to Friday! This was supposed to be my thing. I felt left out. But I had to stay home - I needed to rest (and not wake up so late) and hang up my laundry. So I did the right thing, but I just wanted to be out. Maybe I'm just jealous of Mike for doing so much. Oh well.

Now to work, again!


0 responses to "Weekend in Cologne, and a busy work week of activities!"

Leave a Reply