"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Work. Was pretty productive. Mike stayed after work to the Academy (in which Malte was talking about the history of the company - apparently it gave Mike several business ideas which are good). I was at work until 19:30.
I got a call from Selcuk, saying that he was in Düsseldorf!We tried to meet up, but it was too far for him to get across the city (he was by the Medienhafen) to me. So I biked to Nordstrasse, expecting to meet him, but instead I just bought toothpaste and biked home.
For the first night, I wasn't with Mike. I just stayed home, relaxing. Mike was sending me screenshots of his chat with Tiffany, which was getting out of hand. I couldn't believe how crazy it was getting, and all because of her (not him). I did my best to console him but I realized that he needed me there, but it was already 1am and I was asleep in bed.

Wednesday, 3 July 2013.
I was getting excited for the 4th of July. It was a rainy day. I made lunch - boiled pasta with pesto sauce. Had a meeting with Thomas and Andi in which I proposed a revamp of our internal knowledge pages. Felt good to take some initiative!

After work, Mike and I biked to Netto, then Aldi, to buy (1) my pb&j for tomorrow and (2) dinner for tonight. We were hungry. We made burgers! They were delicious (with the crunchy fried onions). Mike was hot and took off his shirt. I gave him a massage. We sat, very gezelig on the couch. The two of us are not gay! But wow, we are closer than most married couples! Stayed up looking for flats. So it looks like we'll be living together soon.


Thursday, 4 July 2013.
The FOURTH OF JULY. I dressed up in my best red, white, and blue. Apparently most of the other guys in the office were wearing the same red/blue plaid button down with a white undershirt. Lame!

People were very impressed by my jacket. I was called Evel Kenievel (we need to shoot you out of a cannon!), Michael Jackson (learn that moonwalk, and start a band called Jason's Jacket), a power ranger, and Captain America. Awesome!!!

I got the tumblr account. I started posting on it.

I only had time to have a pb&j sandwich for lunch. The afternoon was useless. At 5, the girls went to receive the tables which were delivered. That left me and Patrick to coordinate the last-minute shopping and everything else. It was a mess. Stephen and I walked to Netto and bought what we could. But burgers were still missing. So, I biked ahead to Aldi and to a kiosk to buy newspaper, then rushed in the warm afternoon sun to the riverfront. There was the team. I unloaded my stuff and tried to start the fire asap. The wind blowing made it hard to for the charcoal to catch; and it was soggy, which slowed it down further.

Soon, Francesco (the birthday boy) also arrived and groups of people from the office. Still no bbq. But people were drinking. Oh well. I was also a little stressed about the playlist - it was started 2/3 of the way through, skipping over so many classic and good songs that I had coordinated. Mike was there, with his luggage. We were singing "Livin' on a Prayer" and "Don't Stop Believin'" loudly. It was awesome. The grill finally started around 7:30 and we could make some burgers, which were hard to flip with just a spatula (they fell off the grill). Oh well. I made several batches of pb&j for people. The chili was good, and Syd and Katie's mac and cheese was amazing but cold.

Mike left for his train. For some reason my phone wasn't getting any signal at all! Drinking continued, people playing flunkyball and ultimate frisbee. Beer pong and flip cup. Somehow people made shots of whiskey and maple syrup, which were surprisingly good.

That was it. We started taking turns bringing back cases of empty beer bottles to the office. It was a messy process to clean it all up. Peter and I. Tobi and Syd and Alexa were really drunk, after doing jello shots. Tobi and Syd fell down and both bruised their ankles and were in so much pain, but it was hilarious too! I live-texted the events to Mike (who was just arriving home) as they unfolded. I made it home around 12:30 (with a bag full of food) and took a bath.

Friday, 5 July 2013
Work = slow. I helped Katie and Steph clean up the beer bottles in the morning. I returned Katie's socks.
Tobi was really hungover. We had a meeting to discuss KPI reporting and brainstorm new ideas. I went to lunch with the team to a Goulash place (Dauser) that was affordable and good. We got ice cream (noggers) from Netto on the way back to the office.
Did not get much work done.

BBQ at the company flat afterwards for Celine's last day.

0 responses to "July starts. INDEPENDENCE DAY BBQ"

Leave a Reply