"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

I am sore. And tired. After playing squash for the first time on Tuesday night, and beach volleyball for the first time this year yesterday night, and then going out for a heavy dinner and drinks last night....

Last night was crazy. One of our publishers was visiting from London (with her colleague from Boston), so we had the obligatory evening out for drinks. There also happened to be the spokesperson for our company ("Mr trivago") who was out drinking with some of our management, and well, let me say that things were messy. It was a spectacle, and fun to see. I left before it got too late.

There was also the new people's team event there, and I saw Jayda and Sam (the two newbies).

Today, I woke up at 8:30 and was too tired/sore to go for a morning jog.

Off to work. Another busy day. Too much. Calls, setting up tests, etc.

My resolution is to leave before 6pm everyday, and today I made it out at 5:58. Plan was to have dinner with Mike.

But Mike texted me - "Bea and I want to have a beer". He knows that I have been planning all week to spend the evening with him, and I have asked him if he wants a beer, and he says no. And then when Bea asks, he says yes? WTF. I can tell that he no longer wants to hang out with me; he only is guilted into hanging with me.

Anyway, he's on his way here now. I cooked schnitzel and frozen veggies. I should keep my mouth shut and not erupt into emotion as I was prone to do.

0 responses to "Thursday, August 7th, 2014"

Leave a Reply