"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Friday night (August 8th) - I went home after work. I had emailed Carolyn to come to the office and meet people. It was raining so I didn't make it myself. I felt kind of bad.

Saturday - I rested. Cleaned up a bit, as I was expecting a spontaneous date, but no. Around 3:30pm I biked to Real by myself. Mike was just waking up. I wanted to spend the day with him, but I am also being respectful of his distance.

It was the beer pong party. I was worried that I would be a bit late, but it was all cool at the end. I took the train to Cologne, buying a 23 € day pass (thinking I would return that evening). Grabbed the U-Bahn 16 and was soon there. When I got off at the stop, I saw Sarah and Galen who were also on the way to the party! Cool beans.

We found the house (easy to find with the noise emanating onto the street). We were on a terrace/rooftop behind the building; directly adjacent was a hotel restaurant/bar with its patrons looking over jealously at our beer pong setup, compete with authentic red solo cups! I joined one of the teams already (A+ B- J) - Sarah and Perri had just played one game and lost. I had to drink all the beer for them, because Perri wasn't drinking beer :P

The night went on; it was fun. Around 11pm we switched to playing flipcup inside the apartment. Most of the other Americans went home at this point. I stayed. Brogie and Nico said that we (Patrick, Phil, and I) could stay at their place for the night, so we were good to party.

I sort of came out to Phil. He had just asked me, and I just straight up admitted my confusing status quo. Was ok.

We went out to a place on Züplicher; I had forgotten my wallet so Brogie was my sugar mama for the evening. We then went to another club where Brogie's friend was working there. It was a big dance floor downstairs. Cool place. Phil was necking with some girl and chatting up her sister. We kept doing shots of Jäger.

Stumbled back to the apartment, nabbing a döner along the way. Was heavy. Passed out.

With the windows closed, it was hot and we were sweaty when we woke up. Pat, Phil, and I stumbled out around 11am, letting Brogie and Nico sleep.

Hangover day. Ugh. Watched 22 Jump street. Tried to secure another date, but that didn't work. I smoked a little j, finished eating the beef with broccoli that I had made, watched some Bill Maher, and then went to bed and finally got some quality sleep.

0 responses to "Weekend - 9-10 August"

Leave a Reply