"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

I'm back in Düsseldorf - this past weekend was spent in London.

London was great, really. I stayed at Ludo's place. I only got to see him the first evening though, as he spent that night at a lady friends' and then was off to France to see family and run an ultra (120+ km) race through the alps! What?!

That night, I went to Walkabout Temple where I met Bernadet and her bf Thijs, and Asia and her bf Peter. Nice guys. We didn't stay too late; just a couple drinks. I checked out Heaven afterwards. Was alright.

Saturday, I met up with Cece and Abhi - we chilled in Hyde Park, sitting down and having some of her tea, talking about life and business - was nice. I then made my way across town and caught up with Sofia in Angel, in a nice pub along the river. She's got a new position as a PA and working her way up into TV production. In the evening, I was free; tried to meet up with some people online but it fell through. I walked through the city in the evening. Didn't go out.

Sunday = Brick Lane sunday. Met Lilly at Liverpool St - she's not very happy, just started studying computer science but was still too entitled to be employable in my opinion. Ziva soon came, with her friend Carli. We walked to Sunday Upmarket, which was not too crowded, and got our food (I chose Vietnamese this time). Luckily it was sunny out so we sat outside. There was Bernadet and Thijs. Shortly thereafter came some of her friends who joined. A friend whose name I forgot. K-man and his wife. We went to the playground. Along the way, we got some free beer (Fosters radler) and free Vitamin Water. Nice!

We then split up and Ziva, Carli, and I went to Notting Hill for the Carnival. The tube was packed, of course, and it was even more crowded at Notting Hill. There was plenty of music, djs, dubstep, reggae, people smoking weed, stands selling jerk chicken for £4-8. Lots of people were also inhaling balloons. Was an experience. We got out after an hour or two, completely beat and exhausted. At Holland Park station, we found free Ben & Jerry's, which they generously heaped onto us! Win. We then split up; I took the bus back to Wandsworth. But it was my last night in London so I wanted to go out. I had a date with Daniel. He is German, so we were speaking German the whole time :/ it was not captivating for me - he didn't drink and was more interested in his shopping and in eavesdropping on other people. We would have at least hooked up if we could have found a private place. So we said goodbye. Instead of going home, I walked around Covent Garden and Leicester Square for one last time. There, I indulged in some cheap fish and chips before walking back to Charing Cross to get my bus home.

Monday, I got up early, bought a couple things from Sainsburys (tea and crumpets and paracetemol), packed up, left a goodbye/thank you message for Ludo, and took the bus(es) to Liverpool Street. Luckily, I had some time to spare, because a tree had fallen on the tracks and cancelled all trains to Stansted! I had a burger at a pub, hoping for the problem to be resolved within an hour, but no luck. So I had to take a bus. It was raining a steady shower, so I waited in poor conditions before finally getting on the bus (it picked up people at Bethnal Green and Stratford, so it was completely packed on the way to the airport).

I got to the airport, with my boarding pass on my phone (first time!) and breezed through security. Had one last cuppa tea :) and made my flight. I continued reading Outliers, which is a really interesting book. Back in Düsseldorf, it was also raining as I biked from the airport home. So I cooked up some of the remaining food (spiced tofu strips with veggies, in a tomato sauce, over macaroni) and slept.

Tuesday - back to work. It was my first day working with Carolyn. I gave the intro to Display presentation. Mike left for Palma around 1pm. (I'm not really caring as much about him as I did before - weird. I guess I finally realize that he doesn't care about me as much as I cared about him, so there's no point in obsessing over him so much.) Didn't even have time to catch up with all the emails. I stayed at the office until 9pm. Nick returned from bouldering (I skipped it because I wasn't feeling healthy) and we left the office together. Watched an episode of Silicon Valley and Modern Family before sleeping.

Wednesday. More work - I got in late, around 10:45 (I'm just waking up later now). Another training session with Carolyn. More catching up. No lunch today. I got a döner on the way home; the guys there were friendly and chatty to me :)

I was browsing and chatting on Tinder and somehow picked up Steffen (V). He came over to my place, we watched some YouTube and he spent the night. :) Did it before bed and upon waking up. Was actually nice, even though he was cut, but is straighter acting which I like. He's also looking for a bf, so we'll see.

Now off to work - it's 10:15. I have gone 2 weeks without grocery shopping and I'm really almost out of food, haha. Tonight is a team event (minigolf and dinner in Cologne).

0 responses to "Thursday Morning, August 28th"

Leave a Reply