My best friend has come to me and started working with me. I feel amazing. The last few days we have spent almost all our time together, and I have been absolutely loving it.
"You guys are like a married couple," Judy said to us after we were commenting on each other's outfits. And we both smirked and said "yeah." It's true though - we make each other complete like no one else :)
Anyway, so let's recap how the last days have been.
Sunday, 9 June 2013
I'm hungover from the night before. Mike arrives in Düsseldorf. His dad and stepmom drive him over in a station wagon filled to the brim with boxes. They drive away quickly, and suddenly it's just me and Mike! We get settled into my room and then biked together to the trivago flat, where I promised Francesco and co. that I would come over to grill the meat that we had. So we did, even though it was cloudy and not too warm. Danny, Pavlina, and Matze were all hungover too. Celine was back from the festival, looking beat as well. We ended up watching some Formula 1 (taking place in Montreal, to Mike's delight) before heading back.
Monday, 10 June 2013
Mike's first day of work. I went with him to the office, had some cereal and dropped him off to wait for Sydney (who was running late).
Meanwhile, my whole team was uprooted and moved to new desks. Just 2 rows away, but a completely different view. I'm no longer staring outside into the sunlight, which is good; however, I'm closer to the bathroom and corridor so I hear more noise.
For lunch I joined Mike and Sydney at Vapiano.
Otherwise, for me it was a slow day at work. Until 5pm, when I got a couple new projects (setting up DBM). Typical.
After work, Mike and I went into the Altstadt to buy him a SIM card. But that was unsuccessful. We walked around for a bit before biking back home.
Along the way, I was confronted by a police officer for biking through a red light, and we stopped by Netto to buy some bread and cheese and chips for Mike. We cooked some spaghetti bolognese (and I had leftovers for the next day). Watched the final episode of Game of Thrones' season. Tired, I got into bed. But we weren't sleepy - we just chatted for like half an hour (like in a sleepover) before going to sleep. Awesome. Gezelig.
Tuesday, 11 June 2013
Mike wanted to get to the office a little earlier. I scarfed down some vollkorn brot, cheese, and salami before going to the office. Mike prepared cheese and bread for lunch.
I spent most of the day writing knowledge entries for the new campaigns I'm negotiating.
There was a spontaneous Team North America lunch. I got to know Stephanie the Canadian better; she has been working for the IOC (International Olympic Committee) - crazy! There was also Alma, who is helping Alexa with customer support.
After work was Badminton! I was busy (again) late in the day so I was a few minutes late, but I got to bike with the group - not! I turned left while the group turned right. I knew my way was shorter, so I just kept going and left them behind. We all arrived at almost the same time. I guess I just have to be different even if other people think it's weird or anti-social. And that I-don't-give-a-fuck attitude stuck with me as we were playing Badminton. After slowly warming up, I made several mistakes and started to get upset, so I just gave up playing. Danny was there, kicking ass as usual. Mike was pretty good, and enjoying himself. Pear played with us; Danny's team won all the time. I got very confused when they tried to explain the rules; specifically how the progression of serves goes. I then suggested we play in a circle, running around the court, which we did and was actually pretty fun (and a great workout).
Back home, we were exhausted and Mike was starving. So we bought some pizzas from the place downstairs (Pizza 300°). It was good; I decided to eat the leftover spaghetti, which filled me up, so I had several slices of pizza left for tomorrow. We shared 2 beers, but Mike didn't drink his half of the second beer, which I decided to just leave out for the next day (but I'd throw it out anyway).
Wednesday, 12 June 2013
We went to work around the same time. I had more follow-up to do with Mike showed me his Prezi, which looks really cool.
After work, we played two rounds of pool. Then, Mike moved out of my room :( and into his new room in the company flat (a different flat from the one I lived at). I fried up some eggs for a snack. We ordered a taxi, and just barely fit all of his luggage (including 8 boxes!). Luckily, it wasn't too far. Unfortunately, the flat is on the 5th floor of the building, with no elevator!!! Carrying all the stuff upstairs basically killed me. I was sweating and out of breath. The girl moving out was Natalie, from the UK. I introduced myself, and she said that she had already met me - I was drunkenly talking to her in German at the party on Saturday. Oops.
Mike and I walked back, got our bikes, and headed into the Altstadt; specifically, Ratinger Straße. Along the way, we biked past Alexa. We ran into Danny and Juulia and the other Swedish girl, who were just leaving after a team event. We got to the street and bumped into Janko, Carl, Natascha, Signe, and Paulina. We had a couple beers with them. Some guy took a short video of us tipping baseball caps to the camera. We left, not too late, around 11pm, and I said bye to Mike at his new apartment.
Thursday, 13 June 2013
I slept alone. Woke up at 6am to the sound of Badi or someone. I wrote down the vivid dream I had which was about family, desert mountains, Mike, and passports. I remembered to bring my passport with me to work.
Mike had arrived at work early (no one was there yet). I had a big bowl of cereal. I forgot about my 1pm meeting (which was short) so Mike and I biked to the city office to register shortly thereafter.
The registration was quick and easy. I bought some sandwiches for lunch at Nordsee. Biked back, to find the tax office was closed. Mike had a meeting anyway. I finally started setting up the image campaign for GDN. Well, at least Thomas taught me how. I had a phone call with Jason for Pand., but he couldn't make it due to a family emergency.
Stayed a little later; played some Mario Kart (we have Mario Kart in the office)! Then, some pool with Mike and Natalie and kicker.
I went home, getting absolutely drenched (klitschnass) in the rain on the way back. Finished the season of New Girl after downloading an unblocker for US shows. Had a frozen pizza for dinner.
0 responses to "MIKE IS HERE!"
Leave a Reply