It's almost the solstice. The days are really long. Even at 11:30pm, it's not fully dark yet. I like it, and it makes it easy not to have a light on my bike :)
Anyway, work was both boring and busy. Because I essentially have to wait for TW to approve much of what I do, I'm just sitting around not doing much. And then in the afternoon, I have calls and emails and meetings with the US (bc of the time difference).
I try to bother Mike into coffee breaks as much as possible, but he's also busy and rushes off quickly. He's doing really well. As I always say, I love this guy to the end. He gives everything his all, and doesn't complain. He offers to help people where most people would shrug off the inconvenience. He is determined and friendly. He's unbelievably energetic. And he's really smart, so he always does his work better than anyone else can, and he's always suggesting great new ideas. It's no secret that I admire him, and am constantly jealous of him. I have absolutely zero worries about him and his future - he will easily achieve whatever he sets his mind to, and he will set his mind to some great things, I'm sure. I love this dude and even contemplating a future without him starts to break my heart.
Enough about my love story with Mike. (Apparently we're "vapendragere" in Swedish.)
It was warm and humid. I was wearing shorts. Some heavy rain passed through in the middle of the day, so we (DPM) ordered delivery, luckily before everyone else did so we got our lunch in time. I had a quick meeting with team North America (sans Jon) which was cool. Played a round of pool against Robin after lunch; he's really good!
Had a call at 6pm; played a quick round of pool with Mike. Then he went home to skype (he's got some worries on his mind because Laura's sister, sadly, had a miscarriage and now has cancer).
Worked until 7pm. Got home, and was determined to fix my bike's flat tire, because it has been weighing on my mind constantly for the last few days. I had the bike pump and pumped up the rear tire. I went for a quick ride, and it worked fine. Then, I saw that Real is open until 22:00, so I thought, why not bike there? I did, but after 5 minutes my tire was flat again. No worries, I pumped it up, but again after 3 minutes it was flat again. This was going to be a pain in the ass. I wasn't even halfway to the store but already sweaty and exhausted. So fuck it, I turned around and biked home, having to pump it up along the way. I was intercepted by "Rollnacht" (the Thursday night gathering of rollerbladers taking over the streets of Düsseldorf).
Got home, slept early, around 11pm, and woke up at 9:30am. o.O I'm going to be late for work!
Best,
Jason
0 responses to "Thursday, 20 June 2013"
Leave a Reply