It's now the second week of Mike working at the office. I also have a new desk neighbor, Robin from the UK. I actually met him on Saturday, at the pre-drinks at the company flat (Mike and I went there to cook dinner with Natalie).
Friday, 14 June 2013
Stayed at the office after work. Katie had reserved the upstairs patio and grill, and we drank a lot of beer. It was fun. I went home, while several others went to the city (apparently Stefano pulled Francesco away to get on the tram).
Saturday, 15 June 2013
Spent the day with Mike (of course). He was waiting for me outside his flat on his bike. We biked to the flea market (Trödelmarkt) which was closed! It was making way for some circus/festival/carnival/fair thing. But we met Anna and Sigrid, who had just bought a bike, and we talked Anna out of buying a way overpriced bike.
Then Mike and I biked to the Arcaden, stopping by Lidl along the way (to buy bread). There, we bought some shorts and Natalie met us. Mike panicked that he lost his keys in the fitting room, and the weren't there - but they were still in his bike lock! XD
We stepped outside, and it started to rain. So we went back inside to get some lunch. And guess what - there was Thomas (from LSE)! We joined him for lunch at the Asian food stand, and got to catch up. He's busy as a consultant for a real estate consultancy.
We left Thomas, then spent some time in Real, where we got free sunglasses for trying a bottle of Sourz. Bought some things, and I traded in my body spray/sunscreen for functioning ones. As always, I bought a bottle of rum :)
Dropped off stuff at Mike's, then at my place, then we went to Natalie's, me buying some meat along the way. We cooked lentil and beef chili (but I forgot the cumin!).
Then, pre-drinking. Denise, Phil, and Bianca came over. Matze came up from downstairs. Francesco and Pavlina and Eliz also made appearances.
We all went out to the bar around 11:30. I took a shortcut and biked ahead of everyone else. People were still there. I helped finish the keg of beer. I met Robin. We then all went to the club (Schlösser) next door. I got in with a couple of drunk German girls that wanted me to take them to Bali! I found the group of Italians and stayed dancing with them for most of the night. I couldn't find Mike and became worried about him. I found him after about an hour or two, and he seemed unusually distant and cocky. He basically told me to stop bothering/worrying about him, and I also heard him mumble to himself "I'm so good looking"! It's a Mike that I had never seen before and didn't really like. Apparently he danced and kissed Maria C, and Natalie pulled him away and wouldn't let him go the rest of the night. I saw them talking at the bar together for over an hour. Mike then tried to talk to me but Natalie butted in the middle of us.
All the while, I didn't give a shit (really) and was dancing and having a great time!
Around 5am, we biked back. Toby tried to get on my bike but the tire became flattened :/ So I left him to get home on his own (he caught a tram somehow). Mike had Natalie on the back of his bike, and I could tell that she was annoyed that I was around still. So I left them on the street corner of Jülicherstr., knowing that they would probably sleep together. (And they did, at Mike's, but "nothing happened.")
Sunday, 16 June 2013
Hangover. I felt horrible, but 80% because I got hardly any sleep. I slept around 5:30 and woke up at 8:30. I chatted/gossiped on Facebook. I went for a walk in the cemetery. Mike came over, and we just chilled. We went for a bike ride across the river and along the Rhine in Oberkassel. There, my tire became completely flat and very uncomfortable to ride. But it was Sunday, and there was nowhere that I could get it fixed. Mike had a coffee (and I had a €3.30 water!) at a café, and we then biked all the way to the flat, where I needed to get my bag and where I hoped to find a bike pump that could at least temporarily fix my bike. Nope - my tire was flat flat, even after pumping.
Monday, 17 June 2013
Back to work. I walked to the office. It started out slow, and I didn't have too much excitement. Robin, the new guy, started, and he was a welcome distraction.
Tuesday, 18 June 2013
It was the first day of a heat wave. I wore my new (short) shorts. Felt good. Apparently our floor has the best air conditioning :)
Lunch, went to the river with Matze, Pavlina, Sigrid, and Danny. Had salad. Mike biked home and joined us.
Team event in the evening - all you can eat sushi at Okinii! We had 6 rounds, and I was sooo full. Damn Toby, why did you have to order those disgusting shots of rice schnapps!
Wednesday, 19 June 2013
Mike went to the bank, finally, and got himself set up there. He also found his documents that he thought were left at my place.
It was hot again. The whole day was a party in SEM. Started with Phil's birthday, and the whole afternoon they had music blasting. Lunch, I split a pizza (and my salad) with Robin.
Flunkyball/bbq by the river in the evening. Mike went home to cook (apparently Antonis pays him to cook for him!) and then changed and came to join us. I spent most of the time chatting with Sigrid. I became full of beer after 3 rounds of flunkyball. I made one great throw that basically won us the third game :) Fun times. I invited Sebastian, but he didn't make it out (work late).
Got home 11:30 and slept without a shirt and without a blanket. It was so warm (and humid)!
0 responses to "Wednesday, June 19"
Leave a Reply