After a long way back from Antwerp to Düsseldorf, which involved taking 5 different trains and a rail replacement bus, I dragged my luggage off the tram and back to my flat. I was tired.
I was nervous about work, because I had made a big mistake and didn't know what the fallout would be. I arrived on Monday, understanding that I needed to do some sort of penance, and there was some underlying tension, but it soon was all gone.
I was a bit of a workaholic this week, really trying to get our costs under control, and trying to get a new deal agreed on. I was frequently at work late, making phone calls to the US (because of the time difference).
On Tuesday, I had an almost all-day-long training session. Then, I went to Badminton after work. It was fun, and not too hard. Danny was really good at it. Jennifer, who had been playing for 2 years, was still taking some tips from Phil.
Wednesday, my bike lock broke. Like, the key almost snapped in half. So I rushed to Woolworth's to buy a replacement.
At home each day this week, I just watched episodes of Game of Thrones. I stayed off facebook and whatsapp for some time to avoid all the spoilers.
Thursday, lots of meetings.
Friday! Slow day. Thomas left early to go to Rock am Ring. Jealous.
Saturday = go to Real,- as we usually do. I met Francesco at the Hbf and we took the tram further. We were going to grill, but the timing didn't work out as we needed to go to the Kö at 8:30pm to meet everyone. So we just cooked some chicken with rice. And pre-drank. Belgian beer, then Bacardi and coke.
The club night at Mr Thompson's was awesome. It's like a Vegas club. In my usual fashion, I left without saying goodbye to anyone and then walked (yes, WALKED!!) all the way home (in my nice shoes).
What a legend.
Anyway, Mike is on his way RIGHT NOW to Germany. He's bringing 8 boxes and 2 suitcases, oh my god, how I will fit all of that in?! (that's what she said)
0 responses to "Week - June 2-8. Workaholic, GoT, and a club night"
Leave a Reply