Sunday, June 23, 2013
Hangover day. I went for a run around Nordpark. It was nice, such a beautiful park. After the antics of last night, I presume that everyone else was completely dead.
I didn't hear anything from Mike until the mid-afternoon. He had slept over at Sigrid's place, sharing the bed with her and Lilly. No, Sigrid just slept, but Lilly was awake, and Mike was up all night :) I am really impressed with Mike. 2 weeks and he's really knocking it out of the park at our job, both professionally and personally/socially. He's an all star.
In the evening, I went to Mike's place for dinner. We cooked spƤtzle with bacon and onions and some mashed potatoes on the side. It tasted really bland. Adonis joined us. I made my first video on Instagram. Mike and I stayed up, starting to watch some animated movie that looked boring, so we switched to Peep Show. I biked home around 11:30.
Monday, June 24, 2013
Back to work. And things were not going well for me: My campaigns were performing poorly. Very poorly. Like, only getting less than 10 per day (a more acceptable rate would be closer to 10,000).
I brought lunch - frozen veggies and veggie schnitzel. Ate it late, around 2:30pm. I was supposed to meet with Thomas, but he kept postponing the scheduled meeting again and again.
Had a call in the evening with a potential site - but it didn't really go too well. So I ended the day feeling bad about work and somewhat stressed.
I had dinner with Mike at his place after work. We stopped by Netto and bought some pork chops. Cooked it with rice. Antonis bought some more rice. We (including Mandy) all took the trash downstairs (for the first time; they just got their key). I stayed until around 11:30 again, just Mike and I chilling on the couch. Mike began to skype with Lilly. Aww.
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
In the morning, I met Badi, who was about to leave for Morocco for 16 days. But (after a night of heavy drinking) his phone was broken and he needed some way to contact his friend on the way to the airport. So I set him up with my old UK phone.
Got to work around 9:30. Not too much to do; Robin keeps asking me questions every 5 minutes, which does interrupt my (slow) work but which I also totally understand.
Mike got official news from Sydney: His contract would be renewed to stay on for his thesis! Yes! And Syd said "if I ever leave my job you'll take over for me" - WOW. Just wow. 2 weeks in the job and he is basically guaranteed to become a leader/manager at the company. Seriously, I'm truly impressed.
Lunch: Joined Matze, Francesco, Toby, and Mike. Mike wanted to invite people from the 10th floor, but no one bit. We went to Luxor grill and all ordered some chicken with side veggies and covered with gravy (not bad).
In the afternoon, I had a meeting with my boss and the head of marketing. It was a performance review and goal-setting session for the rest of the year. I wasn't too prepared for it. They gave me some goals that I need to reach by the end of the year, and my variable (bonus) payment depends on it. I need to be proactive and independent, and smart. I also need to be unafraid of asking questions. I'm already 2 months into my job and I still don't know a lot.
Long story short: Like always, I need to be like Mike.
There was cake at work (for the 2nd day in a row - good job team). I got some leftovers. I stayed at work late (until 8pm) but had a good phone call that might lead to something good :)
Stayed home and had a hard time finding online streams/torrents (even with my unblocker). I reactivated my Netflix subscription, but few movies were there. I watched The Hangover Part II and The Hangover III. They were alright, but not as gut-burstingly funny as movies from 10+ years ago (or I'm just less easily amused).
0 responses to "Sun - Tues, June 23-25. Mike Being Awesome"
Leave a Reply