"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Wednesday, 26 June 2013
Work. I had a bunch of things to do.

The weather was cool. It's supposed to be summer!

Brought lunch. Had a planning meeting for the 4th of July office party.

Beach vollyball after work. Kevin drove us (in Anna's car). There were only 6 of us: Me, Alexa, Anna, Mihai, Hannes, and Vicky. It was good - a bit of a workout, and I was sloppy (especially as a setter).
Afterwards, we took the U-Bahn into the city. There, I said bye to Alexa (who was going to Berlin for a King's of Leon concert and for the weekend) and went to Ratingerstr. to meet Mike. I saw his bike and gave him a text. Tobi then called me back, and I met up with them (plus Antonis).

We had a couple beers on the sidewalk. We went back into the crowd and found the b marketing team. Fabian had bought a round of shots for everyone!

Thursday, 27 June 2013
Had our team USA meeting. I then made a calendar of all the weird holidays in the world. Mike saw it and said that he already did it. Really?? Mike does so much work, and he somehow has time to take his own initiative on really big projects.

I am trying to figure out the best way to keep track of the KPIs. It's sort of embarrassing that I don't know at this point, but I should ask for help. Because I'm devising my own system when there may already be an internal system in place (display cont?).

After work, there was the "academy" session on Excel training. It was so slow and boring and useless. He just taught us like 5 formulas, but nothing I would really use frequently.

Then, it was time for dinner at Sigrid's. Danny and I biked together. Sigrid was preparing meatballs. There was also Anna, Mike, Daniel (new guy from Sweden), and Tiffany (Daniel's flatmate, a gourmet dessert chef from Liverpool via Aus/New Zealand).



Mike was showing off a mock-up of the company's press site that he made entirely on his own (and beyond his normal work tasks). I was honestly knocked-out impressed and very very jealous too.

I spontaneously realized that it was Mike's halfway birthday.

Mike was chatting with Tiffany the whole night. They were talking about food, "good food," which annoyed me a bit because I'm just tired of everyone enjoying good food all the time. Well, it makes sense, since Tiffany is a chef, but still. They could have included the rest of us into the conversation. For the rest of us, especially Sigrid and I, the conversation devolved into light sexual innuendos. Ai ya. Danny stayed sober.

I left and biked home by myself around midnight. I stayed up until 2am. For some reason the internet was going on and off in the apartment. I don't even know where the router is!

Didn't find anything to do so I just slept (alone as usual). Woke up late for work. Fuck it.

0 responses to "Wed-Thurs. More work responsibilities, volleyball, drinking with Mike, useless Excel, and meatballs"

Leave a Reply