"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Michelle just joined viber! So, thanks to the time difference, we had a little chat in the morning as I woke up. She was on an overnight bus from NY to Boston.

I was to be at the office at 10am. Danny and I biked together there (everyone else in the flat had left earlier). There were several newbies waiting in the lobby. Jon picked me up and gave me a tour of the office.

Wow, what an office! There are small task rooms, and larger conference rooms, all creatively decorated and named; a climbing/bouldering wall; kitchens everywhere, fully stocked; beer fridges; foosball ("kicker") tables, and so on.

I had an orientation with all the other interns - looks like Danny and I are the only full-time employees starting today. But the company is expanding, so there's lots of new people joining. I then was led to my desk. I sit between Martin and Wildemar. I already had tasks assigned to me (mainly setting up my work accounts, and so on), so I got straight on to that. My "boss," Thomas, was out, busy with appointments. Across from me sits Jennifer, doing Social Media; Vicky, here for just 1 week, from Mallorca; and Felix, who I think does SEM.

Before I knew it, it was lunch time. I joined Martin and Wildemar for some döner. Thomas had a meeting, so he didn't join us at the döner car; instead, we walked to I Heart Döner.

The afternoon was spent doing more of the same, setting up accounts, and so on.

Returned home at 6pm. Danny was there with me. I biked to the grocery store (Aldi), filling up my backback with necessary supplies. (Why do grocers scan so quickly in Germany? There's no space. I can't even fill up my backpack at that pace!) I also stopped by REWE to get what I couldn't at Aldi.

I cooked chili for myself. Tom was back, and he was cooking curry with David (our neighbor from upstairs). He put on A Night at the Roxbury, which was really funny (and which I don't really remember).

I then found out that there were some bombings at the Boston Marathon finish line. I checked that Michelle was ok. Watched some news about it for a few minutes, then retired to bed. What a day.

0 responses to "First Day of Work. Monday, 15 April 2013"

Leave a Reply