I didn’t get a response from Tobi all day (regarding the apartment). I stayed in Martin’s apartment all day. He also had the day off. I did my laundry. We finished the chili and couscous.
I only had 1 viewing, at 8pm. So I left at 7pm, caught the tram to Duisburg Hbf and then got the next S-Bahn (which comes every 20-30 minutes) to Ddorf. I had to change at Düsseldorf Hbf and the next S-Bahn got me to Volkslinger Straße a little late, at 20:05. I walked to the apartment, meeting Daniel and apologizing for my delay. The apartment was really clean and gorgeous. And only for about €485 a month. Daniel works for E-Plus and spends a lot of time in Berlin for work (where his girlfriend also is). He’s nice but could be a more open guy. I honestly don’t like this process of having to interview for flats.
Anyway, I finished viewing the flat, walked around the Mediahafen area (which is really nice and modern), taking a few pictures before returning to the S-Bahn station. I changed to a RE train at the Hbf, not sure if I was allowed to take that train, but whatever. At Duisburg Hbf, the next tram was coming in 25 minutes, so I decided to get some McDonald’s. It started to rain. I returned to the tram station, and the tram didn’t show! Everyone on the platform just walked away to catch another tram. WTF?!
I decided to walk home. Of course I was annoyed, because things weren’t going my way!
Got a message from Tobi saying that he can’t give me a definite answer yet, because someone else was viewing the flat. Grr.
Search
Archives
-
▼
2013
(142)
-
▼
April
(21)
- Second Week of Work and the Play Hard Weekend
- Monday, 22 April 2013
- Not Much Happened: Fri - Sun 19-21 April 2013
- Starting Work: Tues - Thurs, 16-18 April 2013
- First Day of Work. Monday, 15 April 2013
- The Weekend Before Work. April 12-14, 2013
- Thursday, 11 April 2013. Officially a Düsseldorfer
- Wednesday, 10 April 2013. Duisburg day
- Tuesday, 9 April 2013
- Monday, 8 April 2013. Flat in Medienhafen
- Sunday, 7 April 2013. Flat viewing day
- Saturday, 6 April 2013. To Duisburg
- Friday, 5 April 2013. Let the Flat Viewing Begin
- Thursday, 4 April 2013. Bayreuth - Nuremberg - Bam...
- Wednesday, 3 April 2013. Bayreuth.
- Tuesday, 2 April 2013. Bayreuth
- Easter Monday/April Fool's Day 2013-04-01
- Sunday, 31 March 2013. Easter Sunday in Bayreuth
- Saturday, 30 March 2013. Mondsee-Salzburg-Munich-B...
- Friday, 29 March 2013. In Mondsee
- Thursday, 28 March 2013. To Austria
-
▼
April
(21)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Monday, 8 April 2013. Flat in Medienhafen"
Leave a Reply