I have been trying to force myself into enjoying the taste of mineralwasser. So far, it only works if I make a schorle (a mix of juice and sparkling water).
I had no viewing in Düsseldorf today, so I stayed in Duisburg and did some sightseeing. It was raining on and off in the morning, so I waited for the rain to clear up first. I ran into Martin, who was just arriving home as I walked out the door. As I walked into the city center, I passed a hair salon that had men's haircuts for €11, so I went in and got one. The ladies working there were really nice, unable to speak English but impressed with my German. (They were surprised that I wanted to cut off my locks of curly hair!) They also said that the way I said "danke" sounded like a French accent XD
Anyway, I continued into the city center. It's a standard Fußgängerzone (pedestrian-only area) with stores and cafés. It was cool (but not cold!) and cloudy. I tried to explore the whole area, finding the city hall and an old church, and then I got slightly disoriented and wandered north when I meant to go east. Anyway, I stumbled upon the dock area, with a park next to it, and a Jewish memorial. I walked back into the city center and got a döner box (with salad).
Returned to the apartment. Along the way, I bought some chocolate soy milk from Edeka. I wasn't very hungry, and Martin had a date (with Dunya, a girl he met on the internet and who lives nearby). So I made dinner late (around 10pm), cooking up some minced meat with balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce.
Search
Archives
-
▼
2013
(142)
-
▼
April
(21)
- Second Week of Work and the Play Hard Weekend
- Monday, 22 April 2013
- Not Much Happened: Fri - Sun 19-21 April 2013
- Starting Work: Tues - Thurs, 16-18 April 2013
- First Day of Work. Monday, 15 April 2013
- The Weekend Before Work. April 12-14, 2013
- Thursday, 11 April 2013. Officially a Düsseldorfer
- Wednesday, 10 April 2013. Duisburg day
- Tuesday, 9 April 2013
- Monday, 8 April 2013. Flat in Medienhafen
- Sunday, 7 April 2013. Flat viewing day
- Saturday, 6 April 2013. To Duisburg
- Friday, 5 April 2013. Let the Flat Viewing Begin
- Thursday, 4 April 2013. Bayreuth - Nuremberg - Bam...
- Wednesday, 3 April 2013. Bayreuth.
- Tuesday, 2 April 2013. Bayreuth
- Easter Monday/April Fool's Day 2013-04-01
- Sunday, 31 March 2013. Easter Sunday in Bayreuth
- Saturday, 30 March 2013. Mondsee-Salzburg-Munich-B...
- Friday, 29 March 2013. In Mondsee
- Thursday, 28 March 2013. To Austria
-
▼
April
(21)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Wednesday, 10 April 2013. Duisburg day"
Leave a Reply