For the last 3 days I have been spending my days at the office, learning the systems and trying to teach myself the world of display advertising. There is a lot to learn!
The weather has been awesome. Sunny everyday and relatively warm - like 18-22°C every day! I have been riding my bike everyday. The room I have (in the company apartment) is massive, but mostly empty. I simply don't have anything to decorate it with!
Lunch: Tuesday, I went to the local registration office to get my tax registration sorted. I then went home to eat lunch (leftover chili). I tried to make it to the bank, but they were closed between 1 and 2pm! Argh. On Wednesday, I had lunch with "Team America" (Jon, Patrick, Katie, Sydney, and Alexa who looks a lot like Anne Hathaway); we went to the Schwan and everyone else got (or shared) a burger while I had the goulash. Thursday (yesterday), I was going to get lunch with Victoria, but instead I was pulled last-minute into a meeting (USA) where I met Judy (Social) and Peter (SEO). Fun. Thus, I just got a döner from the cart and ate it in the park by the river, basking in sunshine.
The trees are in bloom and starting to grow back their leaves! Finally. I like it.
At 5pm everyday, they pass out beers. Awesome. I still need to figure out how to open a beer from another bottle. Or get a bottle opener ring or something.
I had a flat viewing on Tuesday night. It's a furnished room, not too big, but really close to work. At €450, it's slightly more pricey though.
Wednesday, I returned home after work and caught up completely with HIMYM. Slept around midnight.
Thursday, after work, we had our team event: Go Kart racing, pizza, and laser tag! Wow, what a great time. I drove there with Jose, who offered to take me in his BMW Z3 convertible. We got a little sidetracked by the construction in the city center, but still made it well before everyone else. Go karting (my first time) was unexpectedly intense. The turns were fast and I was slower than most of the group at first, but I eventually found my way and was rolling through the turns easily. Still, 7th place, but I'll take it. Laser tag was great too :) But wow, I was sooo exhausted afterwards.
I asked my friends back in the US to complete some reviews to help our company.
I might go to Antwerp tomorrow, to pick up my luggage. Had no response from Nike. We'll see.
Mike is in London this weekend. I'm honestly jealous of him (I know, I have this amazing job and he's jealous of me), but I would never get invited to a coworker's wedding. And I worked for 2 years at a job. He made closer friends in 6 months than I did in over 2 years -.-
Search
Archives
-
▼
2013
(142)
-
▼
April
(21)
- Second Week of Work and the Play Hard Weekend
- Monday, 22 April 2013
- Not Much Happened: Fri - Sun 19-21 April 2013
- Starting Work: Tues - Thurs, 16-18 April 2013
- First Day of Work. Monday, 15 April 2013
- The Weekend Before Work. April 12-14, 2013
- Thursday, 11 April 2013. Officially a Düsseldorfer
- Wednesday, 10 April 2013. Duisburg day
- Tuesday, 9 April 2013
- Monday, 8 April 2013. Flat in Medienhafen
- Sunday, 7 April 2013. Flat viewing day
- Saturday, 6 April 2013. To Duisburg
- Friday, 5 April 2013. Let the Flat Viewing Begin
- Thursday, 4 April 2013. Bayreuth - Nuremberg - Bam...
- Wednesday, 3 April 2013. Bayreuth.
- Tuesday, 2 April 2013. Bayreuth
- Easter Monday/April Fool's Day 2013-04-01
- Sunday, 31 March 2013. Easter Sunday in Bayreuth
- Saturday, 30 March 2013. Mondsee-Salzburg-Munich-B...
- Friday, 29 March 2013. In Mondsee
- Thursday, 28 March 2013. To Austria
-
▼
April
(21)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Starting Work: Tues - Thurs, 16-18 April 2013"
Leave a Reply