Friday night: Laser tag in Sherman Oaks. Fun, though our performance in the maze was disappointing. Stupid kids, especially that fat Jonah Hill-esque one, running around without having fun, coldly gunning down our hopes and dreams.
Also, went for food and drinks. I didn't like the sushi place, so Felix, Phil and I ditched the lame others for drinks at Mad Bull's, which was nice. Then one last game of laser tag, slightly tipsy and more fun.
Saturday: Day in, stayed at my apartment. Woke up early, despite getting back late the night before. Took the recycling to the center - it only took less than a minute and we were done! Fastest recycling trip ever! Later, shopped at Ross for some socks. Then went with Phil to the Westside Pavillion. Strolled around and shopped but didn't get anything. Then stopped at BevMo to buy some booze for the party that night.
James B. stopped by to pick up his mail; he gave me advice on things to see in Philly; I invited him to Kevin's that evening. Later, I got a confusing text from him but just laughed it off.
Three girls from Göttingen (Ulrike, Britta, and Katrin) joined us for the "party" at Kevin's new place. It basically consisted of us (the Germans) walking in on Kevin and Crystal's family playing Puerto Rico and drinking the night away. Crystal's dad was cool - kinda like Mr. Johnson at Loyola. I spent a good amount of time trying to convince Crystal's sister to spend her year abroad in London, not Barcelona.
Sunday: Stayed in. Phil took my bike to the beach. I rested. Phil was invited to a BBQ by a German couchsurfing friend he met in Long Beach who is now in LA for a couple months (Saskia). So we drove to Burbank. Hung out in the car drinking beers for an hour or so, while waiting for John to get there. He arrived with two Russian girls staying in Santa Monica. And there's a Nigerian Danish guy staying with him too. I'm not making this up. So it was the seven of us essentially, with his three dogs. But, damn he barbecued up some delicious carne asada or whatever it was! We were gonna go out to a bar, but they were closed. John drove us to Universal, but I began to freak out that I wouldn't be back in time. So John dropped us back off at my car and I drove everyone home. It was such a long and harrowing drive! I was so disoriented (not a usual feeling for me), trying to get to the beachside part of Santa Monica near the Palisades and back to my apartment. Whew.

0 responses to "The Weekend, Moderate Debauchery"
Leave a Reply