I was not feeling well. And neither was Jannes. We both stayed in and tried to recover. Jannes stayed in bed all day. My throat was really in pain. I drank tea and had some of Jannes's mom's lentil soup for breakfast. It soothed me a little.
In the afternoon, I met up with Bernadet. It was cold and I was not feeling good as I walked to the station to meet her.
We walked around, saw some of the carnaval festivities going on but did not participate. Neither of us really knew the city at all. We had a couple cups of tea at a pub. Then, we went to a drugstore where she helped me get more pills for my throat. I took some ibuprofen which was effective. Continued walking around, then started looking for a place to eat (since we just wanted out of the cold). Lots of places were closed on Monday. We ended up buying noodles at a wok cafe. Yum.
Walked Bern back to the station and said bye. Then, walked home, a slightly different way.
Back at Jannes's, I skpyed with Mike for like 2 hours. He was booking his ticket to London this weekend. I started looking at flights back to LA - round-trip from Paris was cheaper than a one-way ticket. But I didn't buy.
The Pope is going to step down at the end of the month.
Just rested and retired to bed again pretty early. It was cold upstairs, so I again bundled up as I slept. Also, apparently I snore :X
Search
Archives
-
▼
2013
(142)
-
▼
February
(27)
- Monday, 25 February 2013. Münster-Hamburg
- Sunday, 24 February 2013. Münster.
- Saturday, 23 February 2013. Crossing into Germany ...
- Friday, 22 February 2013
- Thursday, 21 February 2013. Exploring Amersfoort
- Wednesday, 20 February 2013
- Tuesday, February 19, 2013. Utrecht - Amersfoort
- Monday, 18 February 2013
- Sunday, 17 February 2013
- Saturday, 16 February 2013. Amsterdam and a long n...
- Friday, 15 February 2013. Rotterdam to Utrecht (to...
- Thursday, 14 February 2013. Valentines in Rotterda...
- Wednesday, 13 February 2013
- Tuesday, 12 February 2013
- Monday, 11 February 2013
- Sunday, 10 February 2013. Breda-Tilburg-Eindhoven
- Saturday, 9 February 2013: Antwerp - Breda
- Friday, 8 February 2013
- Thursday, 7 February 2013
- Wednesday, 6 February 2013
- Tuesday, 5 February 2013
- Monday, 4 February 2013 - Antwerp - Lille
- Sunday, 3 February 2013
- Saturday, 2 February 2013.
- Friday, 1 February 2013
- Thursday, 31 January 2013
- Wednesday, 30 January 2013
-
▼
February
(27)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Monday, 11 February 2013"
Leave a Reply