I woke up, in Rotterdam, not feeling well at all.
It was ash wednesday.
I needed to see a doctor. So I made it my mission to visit a clinic or hospital and finally get my illness checked out. And so I did. I went to the tourist information near the central station. They told me that I could only visit the emergency room and get looked at there. I walked the 10-15 minutes to the hospital, which (like many things in Rotterdam) was surrounded by construction. I followed people in, but it was a long path that led us into the parking garage (wtf?!). I eventually found entrance #2 which is where I should have gone in, and asked at the desk where the emergency room was. One woman was nice enough to walk me there (because her English was weak).
I checked in to the emergency room, filling in my insurance as UK's NHS. I guess that it worked? Anyway, it wasn't too long of a wait (I was playing Flow) before the nurse quickly evaluated me. Then, another nurse led me to the room, and after 10 minutes, I was with a doctor who took a look. The verdict? I had tonsillitis. And there wasn't anything that they could do other than tell me to take more painkillers (I was not taking enough apparently). I needed to take 1000mg of paracetamol 4 times a day, and 50mg of diclofenac 3 times a day.
I left the hospital, WhatsApped Mike. He couldn't make it to visit Rotterdam tonight :( He had school stuff (honors) to attend to. He was going to London this weekend too, so I wouldn't be able to see him until I arrived in Amersfoort.
Back at Merlin's place, I continued chilling out the whole afternoon. Didn't go out at night.
Search
Archives
-
▼
2013
(142)
-
▼
February
(27)
- Monday, 25 February 2013. Münster-Hamburg
- Sunday, 24 February 2013. Münster.
- Saturday, 23 February 2013. Crossing into Germany ...
- Friday, 22 February 2013
- Thursday, 21 February 2013. Exploring Amersfoort
- Wednesday, 20 February 2013
- Tuesday, February 19, 2013. Utrecht - Amersfoort
- Monday, 18 February 2013
- Sunday, 17 February 2013
- Saturday, 16 February 2013. Amsterdam and a long n...
- Friday, 15 February 2013. Rotterdam to Utrecht (to...
- Thursday, 14 February 2013. Valentines in Rotterda...
- Wednesday, 13 February 2013
- Tuesday, 12 February 2013
- Monday, 11 February 2013
- Sunday, 10 February 2013. Breda-Tilburg-Eindhoven
- Saturday, 9 February 2013: Antwerp - Breda
- Friday, 8 February 2013
- Thursday, 7 February 2013
- Wednesday, 6 February 2013
- Tuesday, 5 February 2013
- Monday, 4 February 2013 - Antwerp - Lille
- Sunday, 3 February 2013
- Saturday, 2 February 2013.
- Friday, 1 February 2013
- Thursday, 31 January 2013
- Wednesday, 30 January 2013
-
▼
February
(27)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Wednesday, 13 February 2013"
Leave a Reply