"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Another day in Antwerp. The weather was cloudy/rainy/chilly again (but not as cold as it could be in January in this part of the world).

Nike had a meeting to be at (at her work placement school) at 11am. So after a quick breakfast, she headed off. I soon also left. There were dishes to be washed, but I didn't know where the washing liquid was, so I just put them in the dishwasher. There are also lots of bottles on the ground. The cats keep knocking them over, and it's noisy!

I went to the uni and spent my afternoon in the computer lab (again). I wasted most of my day, actually, playing a sporcle quiz to name as many cities as are in the top 5000 population-wise in the world. Seriously, it took up like 2 hours of my day! :/

I'm still having trouble adjusting to traffic on the right side of the road.

Nike promised to make dinner (cauliflower) in the evening, so I returned in time to see her cooking. I feel bad that I haven't cooked anything yet. I feel like I'm just leeching off them.

I moved my stuff into Jan's room.

We went to watch The Hobbit. We took the tram there. I was impressed that you could buy tram tickets using a text from your phone! Awesome. We were almost late; Katrin's friend Bjorn and his boyfriend Ramses were there. The movie was long, over 2.5 hours. I fell asleep for several portions of it. It was also pretty predictable and childish, especially compared to the LOTR films.

After the movie, Nike, Katrin, and I went to get the best beer in the world, Westflanderen, at a bar (Gollum). But the bar was closed! Nike then just wanted to get home so that she could get some work done. Luckily, Guido was there with a car and he drove us back (though there wasn't really a convenient parking space near the apartment).

0 responses to "Thursday, 31 January 2013"

Leave a Reply