"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Still in Lille; it was my last full day.

Charly was free in the morning, so he took me around to do some sightseeing. We walked around Vieux-Lille. Had some hot chocolate and croissants at a So Good.

Back to the apartment. Charly went to class in the afternoon. I chatted with Alexis for some time before he went out too. I didn't get much done (again) regarding job applications.

I got serious news in the afternoon. One my uncles in the Philippines died. :( I called home to talk to my mom and uncle there. They were already awake and booking the flight there. We agreed that I should stay here. But it does now make me feel guilty about traveling aimlessly.

Because Charly and Alexis each took the key, I didn't leave the apartment. Charly returned around 6pm and we went to the store to buy some groceries for dinner. I decided to make chili. As it was cooking, Sebastian arrived. Then Thomas came over! It was good to see him again. He's finishing his studies in communication. I kept cooking, an they all started chatting away in French of course. Thibault also arrived.

We had dinner, and drinks. Sebastian went home. We played a drinking game with dice that was reminiscent of King's Cup. (rolling a 1 and 2 made you the pigeon "victim" having to drink when a 3 comes up; 9 = previous person drinks; 10 = you drink; 11 = next person drinks; any doubles = allocate that many drinks; 8 = freeze master; no passing things hand-to-hand; no pointing; 12 = make a rule). This led to lots and lots of drinks being consumed.

Eventually, we wet out, to a bar. Thomas went home, catching the last metro. There was Charly's friend whom he had met in Estonia. They insisted on using the "hi I'm American" line to meet as many people as possible.

We moved on, to another bar/club. It was just me and Charly. It was already like 3am, and I knew I had a bus in the morning, so I didn't want to go, but Charly insisted. They played pop music - I think. I just remember that my coat disappeared. What the fuck? I took another coat and used that. Charly gave me his phone for me to walk home with. What a crazy night. I got home and passed out on the couch. No idea what happened to Alexis.

0 responses to "Thursday, 7 February 2013"

Leave a Reply