"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

It's my reverse birthday (if you read today's date written in the American way, or vice versa).

Fernanda had her stay in London extended a day by volunteering to give up her seat on the flight. She spent the day applying for jobs in her hotel room.

Charly and Alexi went to uni around 9am. I helped myself to a couple slices of toast.

I skyped with Mike for nearly an hour. It was good to chat again. He's going to try to go to London right before I visit him. I feel happy for him, but also jealous that I can't go too! (Well I guess I could but it just doesn't make much sense at all.)

Instead of searching for jobs, I cleaned up my Facebook profile a bit, and then I went out to explore. I walked to the post office, hoping to mail my stuff back to California, but it was closed :( I bought a kebab for lunch and ate it in the shop. I returned home, then, fuck it - walked out again. Looking for something fun. I tried enabling 3G and roaming on my phone, but it didn't work. Argh!

I walked a long way back, headed toward Rue Solferino. I got frites for a pre-dinner, since I was hungry again. There was free wifi in the restaurant.

I'm so grateful I still have the password to activate "free wifi" in many places in France. It has been very useful - but not when I was on the street!

Got some supplies for dinner from Lidl (chicken, sauce, and pasta. I got home around 6pm, and Charly arrived shortly thereafter. I had begun preparing dinner and soon we had a full plate of pasta, some veggies, and chicken in bolognese sauce.

The food was a lot. I soon slipped into a food coma. I was literally drowsing off while we were browsing on our laptops. Charly downloaded Zero Dark Thirty, which we then watched. Over the course of the movie, my food coma woke up so that I ended up being much more captivated in the film than I was at the beginning! It was already past midnight when they caught Bin Laden, so after the movie ended we went straight to bed. (or couch)

0 responses to "Tuesday, 5 February 2013"

Leave a Reply