"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

My last day in Utrecht.

I've decided to call this homeless stage of my life my "exile."

I showered, then went to Albert Heijn and bought some breakfast for me and Willem - croissants, juice, toast, jam.

Mike was on the bus back from London.

Wow. I got big, awesome, fantastic news. For my job interview on Thursday, the manager was so impressed that he decided to offer me the internship without even speaking to me! :) THAT'S RIGHT - I HAVE A JOB OFFER IN LONDON.

But guess what - I have a phone interview for another job (in Germany) tomorrow morning.

My throat is finally feeling better. I'm getting by with no medication today.

Willem had work/reading to do. I went out for the afternoon and walked around the city some more. I got a smoothie at Eazie, a healthy café that had wifi :). Then, I also got some fries from one of the Mannekin Pis stalls located in the pedestrian zone of the city center. I walked more, toward the train station and back. My legs and feet were tired, and it was already 17:30.

Returned to Willem's, wrote him a thank-you note (he was upstairs) and got my stuff ready to go. Mike was texting me that he would be a little late. I said bye to Willem (he still had to get his stuff ready so he wouldn't go to the train station with me) and walked to the station. I tried to figure out my ticket, and I bought it at the ticket office, since my card wouldn't work at any of the ticket machines.

I walked over to our meeting point near the Burger King, and there walking toward me, also wearing a backpack and carrying a Sports Direct bag, was Mike! We embraced. Reunited!

Mike got a kebab since he was hungry, and we sat and chatted for a few minutes. He filled me in with the details of his weekend and what he got to see (including going back to his office and finally meeting Kristi, if only briefly).

We got on the next train to Groningen (which passes through Amersfoort). Amersfoort (along with Utrecht) is a train hub for all trains going to the north and east of the country. Apparently I bought the wrong ticket, since his house is one stop further. We took care of it at Amersfoort station.

It was a short train ride (both of them) and we just stood in the area between carriages (so that we could talk).

Arrived at the station; Mike got his bike, and we walked to his house, which was like a 15-20 minute walk. It's a nice and modern area, lots of new buildings. I arrived at his (dad's) house, which is spacious and modern. His stepmom, Roeline, was there. We sat, as he caught up with her, watching Schindler's List with the volume turned low.

Mike and I then retired upstairs, watching some TV and just chilling for a couple hours before going to bed.

0 responses to "Tuesday, February 19, 2013. Utrecht - Amersfoort"

Leave a Reply