Stopped by Walgreens after work to get my passport photo taken (for my UK visa). I had to wait 15 minutes, so I walked 2 blocks to the nearby liquor store to buy lottery tickets. I then came back to the apartment and watched Mad Men season 1.
I can sort of get why people like this show, looking back at a time 50 years ago, it's easy to see just how sexist and confidently ignorant everyone was. Makes you think about what we're so confidently wrong about nowadays.
Read some more of David Sedaris' Me Talk Pretty One Day. I'm finally almost done with this book.
--
Today is not going well.
Problems:
- Traffic this morning. It took me 4 cycles of the traffic light just to get past the intersection at Beverly Glen. Usually it's only 1-2 cycles.
- A truck blocked the entrance to our parking garage at work. I had to back out and drive around the first floor just to get down to my usual parking space.
- I scheduled my court date online. It's in July.
- Should I take traffic school?
- Work is busy as ever. Calculating shareholder losses for several cases.
- My passport/visa application. Another headache: I left it at the apartment. (After I went through all the trouble of getting my photo taken yesterday!)
- I have to rush home to my mom's tonight - to sell the elliptical.
... at least my parking space wasn't taken while I was gone.
So much need to be organized at work before I leave. Mostly shareholder stuff.
- I still need to wash my car. Ugh!
At work late - until 7:00pm. Entering hours for this pay period.


0 responses to "Wednesday April 13, 2011"
Leave a Reply