Friday night
Swiss Chef restaurant. Shared fondue with Felix, Jan, and Chris. Jan has a new niece. Returned to the apartment, played poker, blackjack, and beer hockey.
Saturday
A very lazy day. It was amazing.
Woke up 9am. It was already 80°F and really sunny outside. I had planned to go to mom's but stayed at the apartment to organize music files. I subsisted on chocolate soymilk for the day.
4pm - biked to Santa Monica beach. Soaked up some afternoon sunshine and a cool ocean breeze. It was incredibly pleasant. It was perfect. I had not a care in the world. I returned around 5:30, showered, and, exhausted, I passed out on my bed. Before I knew it, it was already 8:30 and dark outside. My body must've been really exhausted from the bike ride (my bike's tires seemed underinflated, so that might be it).
Made pasta (linguine with peas/carrots) and watched a few episodes of Californication. Then sleep around midnight.
Sunday
Stayed in the apartment for the first part of the day. More music organizing. Went home in the afternoon. Had vegan dinner with my mom and Sage Organic Bistro in Echo Park. It was amazing. I had a Jamaican jerk burger with sauteed onions and mushrooms served on a sprouted wheat bun. My mom had a Jack Daniels barbecue jackfruit sandwich. We also shared some amazing buffalo sauce coated polenta croquettes. This restaurant really is great.
My cousin Aileen arrived. She's moving into my mom's house to help with her commute to/from Pasadena. (Driving last week from Hesperia, she spent $200 on gas, and 4 hours a day on the road. Misery!) Watched The Amazing Race as it went to Austria.


0 responses to "Weekend 15-16-17 April"
Leave a Reply