I chilled at the apartment for much of the morning/afternoon. Gintas and Vida went on a expedition to Gardena to try to find a van for them.
I organized my pictures and music. It's a lot of work - plugging in the camera, transfering the pics onto my laptop (PC), deleting the bad pics, plugging in my external hard drive, transferring pics onto the external, plugging in the external into my MacBook, transferring the pics onto the MacBook, and editing them with iPhoto (then eventually re-transferring the edited photos back onto the external hard drive. WHEW! And that's just pictures. It's just as involved a process for me to fully "save" my music - involving my ipod, both laptops, and my external. Technology has nearly crippled me, seems like :/
This afternoon I rode my new bike :) to the beach, just to see how long it would take. The bike doesn't go as fast as I thought it would. Maybe I just don't know how to shift the gears (but I looked up online how to use the gears). I noticed that the front gears don't seem to shift properly - I manually transferred the chain onto the second gear afterwards. But anyway, I biked to Montana Avenue and back. There are a lot of really nice houses on that side of Santa Monica, and plenty of quaint boutiques and stuff along Montana itself. But what else would I expect - it's right next to Brentwood and the Palisades! It was foggy and cool - the perfect weather to exercise in!
Returned to the apt, relaxed a bit more. G&V returned (car-less) and we made tortellini for dinner. We also watched the finale (from a week ago) of The Amazing Race. It was not as exciting a finale as other seasons. Well, the teams I liked were eliminated weeks ago. But they scaled Coit Tower! And I was just there a few weeks ago!!! Seriously, Amazing Race, good job this season on going to places that I've already been (LA, Hamburg, Singapore, SF)!
0 responses to "Sunday the 16th of May"
Leave a Reply